We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment rental

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Apartment rental

Guys

I'm looking for an apartment rental with a kitchen for 2 adults. I know it's late but I was looking for may 31 - june 9. I would like something with a personality rather than just a business with barren apartments. What websites should I use apart from tripadvisor?

Also, what would be a good place in Lucerne to stay which is central to most attractions?

Can someone also give me sites like Craigslist, etc that have potential ads?

Thx

Edited: 9:51 pm, May 18, 2014
6 replies to this topic
Easton, Pennsylvania
reviews: 37
1. Re: Apartment rental

You might try the following websites

chalet.myswitzerland.com/holiday-rentals/

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Lucerne--Switzerland

http://www.luzern.com/en/holiday-apartments

These may be of help to you!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 221
2. Re: Apartment rental

One of the best known ones is interhome.ch/en/…

pore

3. Re: Apartment rental

Thanks - what are areas in Lucerne should I be focused on to be able to walk to everything like within 10m to Schwanenplatz (Swan Square) or old town? Or is Lucerne a much bigger place? I"ll be with an elderly traveler who cannot walk up too many steps or if it's too hilly - should I be concerned?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
4. Re: Apartment rental

Hi world_traveler0888

There is an excellent bus service at Lucerne. From where ever you want to go downtown you will have a connection.

The old town including Schwanenplatz are flat and easy to walk. Lucerne is pretty compact especially around the old town where the attractions are.

pore

5. Re: Apartment rental

Also should I spend 2-3 nights in zurich too at the end of the trip and then head to the airport for the journey back. I've been seeing some folks advising that it's not worth spending any time in zurich at all. I'm not into museums but do like cobblestone streets, street-side cafes, open-air markets and if zurich does offer a different flavor than lucerne, it may be worthwhile for me to see

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
6. Re: Apartment rental

It is not correct, that Zurich is not worth a visit. It is the main business city of Switzerland with a great old town and of course the lake. Anyway, I would not spend much time there as at Lucerne you are closer to the mountains and the attractions and the Lucerne area is really beautiful.

If you would like to have a second base I would rather recommend to spend a few days at the Bernese Oberland - www.myjungfrau.ch www.adelboden.ch www.kandersteg.ch www.haslital.ch etc. - or at the lake Geneva area - www.montreux-vevey.com and Top Questions about Montreux (TA Montreux forum) - than in Zurich. But you must know that this would most probably mean that you need to book hotels as normally apartments rent for a full week from Saturday to Saturday. Of course there are exceptions but these are not as numerous at other areas than at the Lucerne area.

I hope this helps

pore

Reply to: Apartment rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted