We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mountain trips

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
reviews: 2
mountain trips

I know that you can go up and down Riga by incline railway or funulcar without a gondola

are there any other mountain trips from Lucerne similar?

Thank you

Howick, South Africa
reviews: 10
1. Re: mountain trips

For clarification - are cable cars/gondolas a problem and you're looking for trips up mountains where you're using a railway? If so, you could also look at Mt Pilatus via the cog railway both up and down via Alpnachstad. See pilatus.ch/en/…cogwheel-railway

The boat trip from Lucerne to Alpnachstad is quite a nice trip or you could use the train.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 164
2. Re: mountain trips

Hi margincall

Mt. Pilatus: That is what I was telling you on your other post.

You could also do the roundtrip to Beckenried by boat - post bus to Seelisberg - funicular to Treib - boat back to Lucerne. This is not a mountain top tour but it offers great views.

An other, maybe less attractive, option would be to train to Zug and take the funicular to Zurgerberg where there are great restaurants and walking paths.

pore

new jersey
reviews: 2
3. Re: mountain trips

ok i misunderstood-didnt realize pilatus could be done just the cog railway

thank you

and i forgot about my other post-sign of age i fear-lol

4. Re: mountain trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 25, 2014