We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungfraujoch

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Jungfraujoch

Hi,

I know the day trip to Jungfraujoch from Lucerne is very short after reading all the forums. but I still need to go as the Ice palace is the thing I want to see. Kindly let me know whether starting at 7:00 AM from Lucerne is enough to do the ice palace and some fun in ice and return back by the day end

thanks

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 223
1. Re: Jungfraujoch

Jungfraujoch to Lucerne or vice versa is very long and it is not recommended as a day excursion as you can read on the many posts on this matter. Look at www.sbb.ch/en to prove.

There is also an ice cave on top of Mt. Titlis.

pore

bern
2. Re: Jungfraujoch

It's a long but possible day trip. All parts of the trip are very scenic.

www.sbb.ch/en

from Lucerne

to Jungfraujoch

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
3. Re: Jungfraujoch

Hi meg1511,

If you do not mind a 12 to 13 hour day - hotel to station and back,train journey from Luzern to Jungfraujoch about 4.30 hours, one-way, with 3 hours on top ( including a walk through the Ice Palace ),then go ahead,it is your trip,after all.

But do check the weather for the day on top before you proceed ( you could take in the Ice Palace but no views from the top of the Joch if the weather is cloudy / foggy ).

Have fun.

arvind

Mumbai (Bombay...
4. Re: Jungfraujoch

thanks arvind...ur input has been helpful. can i check the weather at top of Jungfraujoch at lucerne itself or do i have to get to interlaken and then find out about the weather?

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
5. Re: Jungfraujoch

meg - you can check it on your hotel room TV or at reception in Luzern itself.

arvind

6. Re: Jungfraujoch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 21, 2014