We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Trip to Switzerland

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Short Trip to Switzerland

Hi all u good soul out there,

need some good advise from you guys.

My family, 2 adults,my 20 years old son and my 14 years old daughter(family of 4) be travelling to switzerland and will reach Zurich on the 16th of December 2012.We'll be there for 4 days only till 20th December.

So, here are the questions :

-Where should i stay?

-Where do i go for this 4 days?

-Any recommendation for family accomodation

Your feedback and suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanking u in advance for yr comments regards.

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 21
1. Re: Short Trip to Switzerland

Hello Kamal,

Before christmas it is a good time to go to the mountains. There will be snow, everything will be prepared for the peakseson but the peakseason has not started. That mean you will get reasonable offers and there is still free hotelrooms.

I would stay in one region for all 4 days and explore the region.

I like very much the Engadin with St. Moritz. There is not a world famous mountains (as Matterhorn in Zermatt or Jungfrau in Grindelwald/Wengen), but this wide valley is just fantastic and of cours are a lot of mountains around.

Enjoy your trip

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 157
2. Re: Short Trip to Switzerland

Hi kamal564

As you posted on the Lucerne forum, why not stay at the Lucerne area. Look at www.luzern.com and the Top Questions about Lucerne (TA upper right side of your actual screen). There is something for everybody in your family and for any weather circumstances.

You can find alll kind of accomodation on the above Lucerne link.

If your flight back home would not leave to early in the morning, you could even train to the airport from Lucerne (takes just one hour).

Happy planing

pore

3. Re: Short Trip to Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, December 17, 2013