We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LucerneCard vs. Swiss Pass

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
LucerneCard vs. Swiss Pass

Hi there,

If I have a swiss pass, will the lucernecard offer any further advantage/discount? This will affect which hotel rate I book at. It will cost an additional 30 CHF for a 48 hr lucerne card. But since we'll be doing some travelling (from zurich to montreux to lucerne, then back to zurich with some day trips inbetween).

Thanks!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 221
1. Re: LucerneCard vs. Swiss Pass

Hi Weepo

The Lucerne Card is a regional pass - www.luzern.com/en/mobilitaet/lucernecard - while the Swiss Pass is a national pass - http://www.swiss-pass.ch/en -. You can compare them with these links.

pore

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: LucerneCard vs. Swiss Pass

Thanks for the links.

It appears the Swiss pass covers "local trams and buses in 41 cities, includes

50% reduction on most mountain-top trains and cable cars and free entrance to over 400 museums" ... so does that mean there's no point in getting the lucerne card, since all the discounts of the swiss pass essentially overlap with it? Am I right to assume that?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 221
3. Re: LucerneCard vs. Swiss Pass

I think so but did not study it

pore

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 2
4. Re: LucerneCard vs. Swiss Pass

Did you find the Swiss card useful? I'm in Switzerland for 5 days.

Once you have the card do you then have to go to the station to exchange for tickets?

Travelling from France to Switzerland, would you recommend getting both the French and Swiss railpasses?

How does that country border changeover work when I book my tickets. Do I just show both passes?

Can I still book online via scnf or sbb for example if I have these passes?

Thanks.

5. Re: LucerneCard vs. Swiss Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 13, 2014