We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to Titlis

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
going to Titlis

I reviewed Titlis's site - http://www.titlis.ch and I have few questions.

So I have come to understand that in order to reach Mt. Titlis one needs to take a train from Lucerne >> Engelberg and from Engelberg take Gondola to Trubsee and then change and take diff Gondola to Stand and then change again and take another diff Gondola to Titlis.

The journey from Lucerne to Engelberg is around 50 minutes and from Engelberg to Titlis is another 45-50 minutes. --- I got all this information from titlis.ch/en/…ride_upt_to_mt_titlis

If one has a swiss pass (e.g. 4 day pass) - Lucerne to Engelberg train is free but the journey going foward by Gondola is at 50% discount. I got this info from titlis.ch/en/…prices_titlis

Now while on this price site - what confused me are the names such as Jochpass, Engstlenalp, and Gerschnialp. What are these places? Are they further rides from Mt. Titlis?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 164
1. Re: going to Titlis

Hi AGhodasara

Yes, you undersstood the Tiltis homepage correctly.

Jochpass is famous for it's mountain hut and the exxcursions you can do from there. It is a pass path which connects Engelberg valley with the Bernese Oberland. You can go there from Engstlenalp.

Engstlenalp is a place where the farmers bring their cows during summer time. In winter it is a ski area. You can go there from Meiringen (Bernese Oberland). It belongs to the Engelberg ski-area in winter.

Gerschnialp is also an alp like Engstlenalp. It is situated on the food of Mt. Titlis. You find Gerschnialp where you need to change the cable car first time.

These places do not need to bother you if you want to go up to Mt. Titlis and enjoy this great mountain and its glacier.

pore

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 11
2. Re: going to Titlis

This is new to me. Can you go from engelberg to grindelwald without going to Interlaken?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 164
3. Re: going to Titlis

Yes, you can f you walk all the long. There is no road.

pore

bern
4. Re: going to Titlis

<Can you go from engelberg to grindelwald without going to Interlaken?> If you ask in that way, in summer there is a bus from Meiringen via Grosse Scheidegg to Grindelwald. But then you miss the very scenic train trip along lake Brienz. If you mean via Jochpass, then you have to walk from there to Engstlenalp.

5. Re: going to Titlis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 20, 2013