We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Opinion on "The Hotel" Please

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok
reviews: 140
Your Opinion on "The Hotel" Please

Hi Again,

I'm having a hard time trying to search for inputs in the forum for "The Hotel" in Lucerne. The name is too common or generic for the search function to find. The reviews are mostly from, ahem.., first time reviewers so I would appreciate anyone here with any input on the hotel since they are having a stay for 3 nights and pay only 2 promotion which will be perfect for us.

My questions are:

1. What is the location like since it looks as if it's near the train station on the new town side?

2. Any firsthand account for staying in their rooms with the picture on the ceiling?

3. Any other information?

Leaving next week for our trip so I appreciate any information on "The Hotel" and thank you in advance again!

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 223
1. Re: Your Opinion on "The Hotel" Please

I was never in this five star hotel. It is a building designed by Jean Nouvel, the famous french architect. Did you find theyre homepage? Here it is: http://www.the-hotel.ch/englisch/.

There are many reviews of this hotel (and not "only" first-timers at tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT.

Pore

Bangkok
reviews: 140
2. Re: Your Opinion on "The Hotel" Please

Thank you Pore.

Is the location within easy walking distance to the old town, lion monuments etc?

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
reviews: 223
3. Re: Your Opinion on "The Hotel" Please

Yes it is. Maybe 10 to 15 minutes.

Have fun

Pore

UK
reviews: 43
4. Re: Your Opinion on "The Hotel" Please

"The Hotel" is the only 5* in town that has availability for the weekend we want to go to Luzern but, like you, I am not convinced it is for us.

If you are young and hip then it is definitely worth trying, as Luzern is such a tricky town to find accommodation in, especially if you want or need air con.

They have special offers as you have discovered and they are very tempting but I wasn't quite brave enough to take the risk.

The ceilings would not be for us, anything else I would have given it a go !

5. Re: Your Opinion on "The Hotel" Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 02, 2010