We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most scenic interlaken or lucerne

Which Lucerne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
las vegas
reviews: 1
most scenic interlaken or lucerne

I am planning a once in a lifetime trip to switzerland with my mon for her 70th birthday. I want to visit the most beautiful town or city in that country. Many have told me that interlockin is the most beautiful but others insist that it is lucerne. I will be going to one place and staying there got 10 days... Please help advise me. Thanx. I am from Las vegas USA so we really want the most scenic breathtaking place.

las vegas
reviews: 1
11. Re: most scenic interlaken or lucerne

Swandav, you have more than redeemed yourself! You gave me much more to think about. Also, I now have some perspective on what my mom may or may not be able to do. I love the new ideas. I feel that it would probably be best for my mom if we did not travel around too much but I also think we may be limiting ourselves. My mom does tire easily and the thought of really unpacking just onece does seem appealing. Ive looked up some info on murren and although pretty, does not seem to be quite as majestic as ....say ....interlaken. We would love a place where the lake meets the mountains, you know, postcard beautiful. So breathtaking that you cant even believe your eyes! Small shops, bakeries, and local bookstores and eateries. I am a caterer, and I would love to really experience the local fare. My mom says that museums may be a bit tireing so they may not factor in as much. SWiss fan pretty much layed it all out there as far as research goes. Alot to think about. I really like the idea of paddling the lake and taking some boat rides. Also, a small village is very appealing.

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 17
12. Re: most scenic interlaken or lucerne

Hey swandav - I hate butting in on someone else's post, but thanks! Do we disagree on the GE? I think it's a great way to get from the Engadin to Valais. We took it once from tip to tip, not quite the trans-Siberian but loved it. It's fun spotting the Matterhorn in the distance from the Corvatsch, then actually going to the Matterhorn. And we get on to bits of the GE as and when it's going in the right direction. I even like the commentary on those funny ear pieces - always learn something.

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 17
13. Re: most scenic interlaken or lucerne

delancy - hope you both have a great time in Switzerland. We also don't like packing and unpacking, but if you do decide on more than one destination, an idea is to pack a small suitcase for a 2-3 day visit and leave the larger suitcase unpacked. Good luck!

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 26
14. Re: most scenic interlaken or lucerne

delancey -- Oooohhh, I'm so glad! Thank you so much for seeing past my unexplained coaching! It's so much nicer to make new friends on these boards than to create ill feelings and tension. And I'm glad that my experiences with my mother may be helpful to you! Whether or not you change your plans or goals, at least you will make an informed decision, and you'll have a good idea or what to expect, hopefully.

swissfan -- yes, I think "disagreement" is not the right term after all. It's just that I've never taken the GE and don't think I would ever consider it (I guess I wouldn't ever try to do the eastern and western parts of the country in one trip). I am *so* turned off by the prospect of a sedentary eight hours on the train. So I usually try to steer posters away from it unless they have 3-4 days to spend at both ends -- and even then the prospect of that looong journey still doesn't appeal to me. But I think you do the same thing -- recommend several days on both ends. So I'm wrong in that, eh? We DO agree, yes?

Anyway, what would we do without these forums!

s

Levittown...
reviews: 12
15. Re: most scenic interlaken or lucerne

I was lurking in the Switzerland forum and came upon your post. delancy, swandav, swissfan after reading your posts I felt really warmed by the way you worked together and didn't let a misunderstanding come between you. It just reinforces why I love this site.

16. Re: most scenic interlaken or lucerne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 26, 2009