We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for a trip in between Christmas & New Year?

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona
reviews: 25
Ideas for a trip in between Christmas & New Year?

I have no children and my partner and I are looking for ideas of what to do in between Christmas & New Year. I would like to stay in Europe and we are happy to be active but just has happy to relax.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 307
1. Re: Ideas for a trip in between Christmas & New Year?

Geneva is quiet at these dates since many are up in the mountains. And December 31st is a holiday as well. This year however marks the 200th anniversary of the Restauration (of the Geneva Republic after Napoleon's invasion and defeat). So possibly something special will be organised.

You might want however to consider a mountain resort, and do it as early as possible, as it is quite busy up there...

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
2. Re: Ideas for a trip in between Christmas & New Year?

Problem in the mountains is likely to be that hotels expect a 7 night booking at least over the Christms period and some want 14!

How about staying in a town that is reasonably near the mountains and making several day trips. You could most likely get exactly the dates you want then. Bern or Luzern or Montreux are good places to look into...depends what you like to see and do.

3. Re: Ideas for a trip in between Christmas & New Year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 25, 2014