We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food shopping in Geneva airport French section.

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo
Food shopping in Geneva airport French section.

I will be waiting for two hours waiting for the group.

Looking for a supper market for shopping food near to the airport

Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 108
1. Re: Food shopping in Geneva airport French section.

There's nothing except a small snack bar on the French side. On the Swiss side there's a Migros supermarket in the rail station.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 134
2. Re: Food shopping in Geneva airport French section.

So what you need to do is to walk into the Swiss sector, go down a floor to the Arrivals level, walk to the end of the building and go into the station. Continue on to the very end of the station and the Migros is right there. (You can see it from quite a long way off). Then you jsut walk back...

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 364
3. Re: Food shopping in Geneva airport French section.

Well, normally this is forbidden. And with shopping bags, you will be quite visible!

On the French side furthermore, you can't walk out to nearby shops since, as you will see, the connexion between the airport building (that is entirely in Switzerland) and France is a long road with barbed wires on both sides... Now of course you can take a taxi, go to a nearby mall and come back. Worth the effort? Not sure...

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
4. Re: Food shopping in Geneva airport French section.

Don't think so, Swissdiver -- one can walk quite easily between the sectors without showing tickets or anything else. And carrying a small shoppingbag only goes to show that one has not enough to declare to make the Customs people ask (if indeed there are any there!).

I have done this quite often - walked to the French sector from the Swiss. Not, I admit, with shopping, but with a bag, certainly. No one has even asked me what I was doing... in fact I was going to the car rental counters!

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 364
5. Re: Food shopping in Geneva airport French section.

Hambagahle,

I didn't write it was impossible (did myself a number of times), just it was forbidden. Got caught once and could manage it. The risk is simply they refuse passage. Which would mean taking a cab and making the whole tour (about CHF 30 I guess).

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
6. Re: Food shopping in Geneva airport French section.

Yes but - have you done this in the last couple of years? I have and there was no one there - not even Customs...

7. Re: Food shopping in Geneva airport French section.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 04, 2013