We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 day itenerary in geneva

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surabaya, Indonesia
2 day itenerary in geneva

We are 5 person ... start paris to geneva only 2 day 14 - 15 August 2012 ...have plan visit Geneva and Interlaken...fisrt day in Geneva and second day going to Interlaken after that direct go to Amsterdam...please guide us how to a plan it

Thanks you

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 264
1. Re: 2 day itenerary in geneva

As far as Geneva is concerned, please have a look at tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188057-c127289/Genev… For Interlaken, I suggest you ask in the relevant forum.

Enjoy your trip in Switzerland.

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 105
2. Re: 2 day itenerary in geneva

You can use www.rail.ch With such a short stay I wouldn't recommend moving bases. You'll spend most of your trip on the move.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 113
3. Re: 2 day itenerary in geneva

Actually for two days I would definitely change my overnight hotel if I wanted to see both Geneva and something in the Interlaken area. Way too much train travel to be to-ing and fro-ing in one day!

TantiSmak - Interlaken itself should not be your destination. It is a very dull town, sandwiched between two railway stations and generally people go there to see the countryside and lakes around it. It is OK to use it as a base for the night but the places to see in the area include: Everything on the Jungfrau massif - Jungfraujoch, car free villages of Wengen and Mürren, waterfalls in the Lauterbrunnen valley (one of them underground!) and the Schilthorn which was "Piz Gloria" in the Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Also the two lakes (Interlaken sits between them and is "on" neither. It is on the Aar river) of Thun and Brienz. The small and lovely village of Brienz. The open Air museum at Ballenberg and the beautiful town of Thun and its castle.

As you can tell there is a LOT to see and do in the area. However anything in the mountains is very weather sensitive and you need to be very flexible, especially since you have such a short time. be prepared not to go up the mountain, for example, if there is low cloud as all you will see is the inside of a cloud (think of Mt Agung and you will know what I mean!). So have two plans - one for a lovely clear day and the other if it is very cloudy or raining.

Selamat jalan!

Surabaya
reviews: 9
4. Re: 2 day itenerary in geneva

Mdm Hambagahle,

Je pouvais pas m'arreter de rire en lisant votre commentaire ci-dessus

Clairement vous avez passé du temps en Indonésie, notament Bali?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 113
5. Re: 2 day itenerary in geneva

Oui, j'ai passé pas mal de temps en Indonésie, mais pas Bali (où je suis allée seulement 3 fois...) Mon père habitait Jakarta pendant plus que 30 ans. Sa deuxième femme est indonesienne. (de Solo) Donc je suis souvent allée chez eux. En plus, dans ma vie professionalle j'ai travaillé avec IKIP Malang - et donc je connais aussi votre magnifique ville!

C'est superbe que vous allez chez nous, même pour un court moment. La Suisse est tellement "autre" que l'Indonésie.

6. Re: 2 day itenerary in geneva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 22, 2013