We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kochi (Cochin...
reviews: 18
Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

What is the cheapest and best means of transportation to reach Intercontinental Geneva from the airport?

Thank you.

France
reviews: 9
1. Re: Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

Cheapest and best is by bus - line number 5 goes every 10 minutes or so and takes about 10 minutes.

http://www.tpg.ch/fr/ligne5

After exiting customs wak to the left and the bus stops are outside the building about 50 metres away.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 134
2. Re: Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

If you have luggage take a taxi (if you are staying at the Intercontinental this should not be a huge problem!!) Cost is around 25frs.

Kochi (Cochin...
reviews: 18
3. Re: Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

Thank you all

Midlands
reviews: 65
4. Re: Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

Hi

I was going to ask the same question, if we catch the bus how much is it and where do you buy the tickets from.

Thanks

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 134
5. Re: Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

There are ticket machines at all the Geneva bus stops. Most do not give change so you need exact change. Check the tpg link given by Jon above for details on the current timetable (the former post goes back a year!) and costs.

Lucerne, Switzerland
reviews: 11
6. Re: Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

I seem to remember reading in previous threads that they give you a free bus pass when you arrive at Geneva airport, valid just for that day so that tourists can get from the airport into town. Is this no longer the case?

Midlands
reviews: 65
7. Re: Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

Hi

Have read about the free ticket but it's in the arrivals area and we will be arriving on bus from Chamonix. I know we get a free bus pass when we arrive at hotel. I've done a bit more research and believe bus will cost 3 francs each, big saving in taxi fare.

I know this is tagged on an older thread but think any questions asked are useful for others doing research, for me it's a holiday booked last min, so not had time to do as much as usually would.

Thanks

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 364
8. Re: Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

Right, the free bus ticket is in the luggage hall so not reachable if you are not flying in. Bus ticket price increased though. It is now CHF 3.50 for 1 hour.

9. Re: Reaching Intercontinental Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 17, 2013