We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AlpyBus

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
solihull
reviews: 17
AlpyBus

I have previously used Chamexpress without a problem, but Alpybus times fitted in better were slightly cheaper and seemed to be a decent company, despite mixed reviews. I would steer clear of them at busy times ie: Saturdays or School holidays, as our experience was not good. However our friends who travelled with them Sunday to Thursday had no problems.

We travelled Feb half term and arrived in Geneva for our departure with Alpy at 19.15hrs. I spoke to the rep who said that we would be leaving at 20.00hrs which was slightly disappointing but went with it. At 20.15hrs we were still not looking like leaving the arrivals hall so after asking the rep again he informed us that we were waiting for the 20.00hrs flight from Edinburgh. None of these flights were delayed, the bus was in the carpark and all the horrendous traffic jams of earlier in the day had gone, so it was obvious from the start that they were waiting to fill the 8 seater minibus no matter how long we had to wait. This was eventually 1 3/4hrs as we left just gone 21.00hrs! The third party driver they sub-contracted was English and was very apologetic although obviously not his fault. On our return we had a text to say that due to the proposed traffic problems getting back to Geneva on our return they would pick us up 20 mins earlier than arranged. We stood out in the cold for an hour after various phone calls to the rep at the airport who said the driver was delayed. I voiced my concerns over the fact that we may now miss our flight and the rep said it wouldnt take us long to get back to Geneva (despite all the traffic warnings??) The journey back into Geneva took 2 1/2hrs and after pleading with the check in staff we made it onto the flight with 2mins to spare! This was obviously very stressful and totally unncessary. This company has knowledge of these busy periods, and seemed totally unprepared or uninterested in getting us back to Geneva on time. I have emailed my complaint without reply, and feel that the rep was totally disingenuous with his information.

My advice use them if you want but be prepared! They advertise a timetabled service which seems to be pot luck.

41 replies to this topic
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
1. Re: AlpyBus

Yet another poor review of Alpybus! Not surprising to those of us who read reviews...the ongoing thread in all seems to be a total lack of professionalism.

Shrewsbury, United...
2. Re: AlpyBus

Alpybus gives a terrible service, doesn't care about it's customers, threatens you if you complain - Steer well clear of this company they are a bunch of cowboys NEVER EVER recommend them to anyone going to any destination; they are rude, unreliable and unprofessional

Edited: 8:58 am, March 13, 2011
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
3. Re: AlpyBus

Anyone with personal experience (bad OR good) of Alpybus should let the Gneva authorities know about it. They license them, afterall.

Here are two addresses to write to - English will be fine:

jean-luc.portier@gva.ch

metin.turker@etat.ge.ch

The first is an airport staff member. The second is a Cantonal person.

Epsom, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: AlpyBus

Re Alpy bus

My wife booked me on Alpy bus from Geneva to Verbier last week. The reservation e mail confirmation came with clear instructions on meeting up at Geneva airport. The driver would arrive at the arrivals gate 15 mins before the 11.30 scheduled departure with a board showing my name. When he was not there 12 mins before departure I called the office number given. It took 5 mins to get a reply andwas then given instructions to go elswhere in the arrival building. Arrived there at 11.25 to be told bus had left without me and all my fault. The local Alpybus rep was totally unsympathetic annd unprofessional. It turns out that the instructions given on the Alpybus web site are different from the instructions that come with confirmation e mail and they are again changed in texts sent while you are in flight. I eventually travelled with Alpine Exress which offer a similar service but seem to do what is said on the tin ie meet with a board at arrivals.

A further warning - neither Alpybus nor Alpine Express drop or pick up conveniently for your destination hotel so this can involve more taxis. As there were 5 of us on the return we booked a private taxi on the internet which was door to door for same cost and with pleasant and professional service.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
5. Re: AlpyBus

yet another complaint re Alpybus! I really wish people would check things out first before booking and then choose another transfer service.

Tony188 - welcome to the Swiss Forums. I have to assume you had a transfer to Verbier and that you were dropped at the Place Centrale. This is the normal procedure for collective transfers as everyone is then going somewhere else in Verbier and anyway the transfer companies do not have local taxi licenses to pick up and drop off at various hotels and chalets. I am sure you understand this!

The two reliable transfer services I know - from many many years of life in Verbier and the region - are Alpina (out of Martigny) and Alpinexpress. And of course a private transfer is a better option if one has a group of 6 or more!! Alpina does these. So does May Taxi. I do not think that Alpinexpress does private transfers, though they might.

Amsterdam
reviews: 12
6. Re: AlpyBus

I made the unfortunate decision to use AlpyBus last week when my wife and I travelled from Geneva to Chamonix.

They kept us waiting for an hour at Geneva airport waiting for other passengers to arrive. Whenever we asked how long till we would leave they replies "just wait here, we're going in 5 minutes". So, instead of just being honest with us, and telling us we would have to wait an hour (we could have gone and got a coffee and sat down) they kept us there standing with our bags waiting.

When I called to change my reservation time for the journey back, the woman on the phone was downright rude and aggressive. I was quite shocked at the way they treat their customer, and decided to cancel and arrange my trip back with another company.

I would sincerely advice anyone against using this company. They can put a nasty taint on an otherwise fantastic holiday...

Wilmslow, UK
reviews: 19
7. Re: AlpyBus

Left stranded at Geneva airport when they promised someone would still be waiting. My plane was delayed but they were informed of this and said it wouldn't be a problem. No one was waiting. £115 worse off for having to get a hotel. Snowtrax were still waiting but their bus was full. NEVER EVER EVER WOULD I USE ALPYBUS again. They really don't care what happens to you.

Ekerö, Stockholms...
8. Re: AlpyBus

Booked private transfer 8 persons with Alpybus now in late March. Arriving in Geneva we found the Alpybus desk and a man sait the chauffeur would be there shortly, which he was. He drove calm and got us up to Argentiere safe and sound. The night before our departure I didnt receive any call or sms so I phoned Alpybus. I found out I had made a mistake booking the wrong date. This was a fact, but the lady said she would try to arrange a transfer for us and call med back. After 20 minutes she called me back and had fixed it. It would set us back another 30 euro(230 E) but that is still cheaper than any other company i found. Driver picked us up on time and gave us a nice and calm journey down to Geneve. We could all get a nap after a hectic vacation.

So my opinion on Alpybus is all good.

I guess you are more inclined to write a bad review than a good one?

Chamonix, France
9. Re: AlpyBus

I am very shoked about my transfer from Geneva airport to chamonix .

The driver is very agresssive , wanted to let me in town with my bag of 20 kg and insulted me !! this suiss company doesnt accept suiss money !! but inside airport the cash machine refuse to give euros ! so they proposed to me to make a stop in chamonix at a cash machine , i said yes . but during this stop the driver let my bag down the car !! i said i tis not my home , he was very agressive and put the bag in the car complaining to me ...finally he didnt have any money to give me back and wanted to give me suiss money !! i said , it is a joke ??? u refuse suiss money at airport and now u want to give me back suiss money !! finally he insulted me . Chamonix express is better even if their price are higher than before. iam french and i am sorry to see foreigner company life suiss, english , who doesnt care clients and men are so unpolite even to women with big luggage , they never propose to help u to put luggage to car , nothing . i know french are not perfect but they have at least respect especially to women . shame to alpybus and go far away from them.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
10. Re: AlpyBus

First - there are infinitely more reviews on Alpybus that are negative than there are positive ones. In fact the review from Niklas is the only good one I have ever read!

Second I do not think Alpybus is a swiss company. I am under the impression it is French, but clearly operating to Geneva airport, which of course many French companies do.

Thrid, I have never read a bad review about Chamexpress.

I wish people who are planning transfers would take the time to read the posts on the various companies...

Reply to: AlpyBus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted