We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 74
Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on this one.

I'm off for a weekend in February and I am trying to find how much it would be for the transfer from the Airport to the hotel in Geneva. I've looked at the swiss tourism site and they are quoting ��114 for return rail tranfers for two. This seems a bit steep to me, are there any more realistic options?

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
1. Re: Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

The second class fare from Geneva Airport to Geneva is CHF3 each way, if you travel within the hour of purchasing it.

If you mean £114 for two it appears you are referring to the Swiss Transfer Ticket. This is not for you if you are just going to Geneva.

They are only economical if you are travelling some distance from the airport, where the return rail fare is more than the cost of the Transfer Ticket and you do not intend to travel about much when you reach your destination. If you do then the Swiss Card is a better bet as it provides half price travel thereafter.

Geneva
reviews: 7
2. Re: Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

A 1 hour public transport ticket (applies to buses, trams, "mouettes" - small boats and trains on the local line (includes Geneva airport) is CHF. 3.- (£1.3).

Trains from the aiport railway station leave approx. every 15 mins. The first stop (4mins) is downtown Geneva (Cornavin).

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 3
3. Re: Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

The trains need about 6 min from the airport to the Cornavin station (main station) and from there you have a network of trams and buses to get to your hotel if it isn't already in the walking ditance. Whatever transport you need within Geneva is included in the 3-and-something SFr you pay at the airport (except taxi of course).

Travelling The World
reviews: 17
4. Re: Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

Depending on where your hotel is and how much luggage you have, it might be more convenient to take the number 10 trolleybus. This is especially true if your hotel is on the left bank. Any time you save on the train will be eaten up getting out of Cornavin station and transfering to the bus or tram network. If your hotel is convenient to the number 10 route you won't need to do this. The bus leaves from just outside the departures level, just upstairs from arrivals.

If your hotel is near the station, the train is the best option.

reviews: 74
5. Re: Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

Many thanks! I was starting to get just a little bit alarmed, I expected things to be a bit more expensive in Switzerland, but not by that amount!

Dorset England
reviews: 38
6. Re: Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

Have just returned from Geneva. Travelling round is not expensive if you use trains, buses, trams, water taxis. As already stated train ticket from Airport to station is 3CHF. All buses, trains, trams are absolutely spot on time.

We bought a Unireso pass, you can get one starting at 9am and lasts until midnight. If you get just a Zone A it costs 7CHF but we bought a Zone A and B at 12CHF. You would be amazed at just how far you can travel on it. Also travel on water taxi is included.

Hope you have a great trip, we had a great time and would not hesitate to go back

7. Re: Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, January 20, 2006
8. Re: Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:27 am, January 23, 2006
Geneva
reviews: 7
9. Re: Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

Worldvoyager - sorry for correting you, but the left bank is on the other side of the lake. The right bank, or if you prefer the northern side of the lake/Rhône covers the area from the airport to downtown (if you follow the Rhône from its source in the Valais, everything on the right side of the river or the lake is the "right bank")

It may not be a bad idea to take the 10 bus if staying in hotels such as the Ramada Park near the airport, the Etape Suite hotel, the hotels in the Servette district as well as the hotels in close vicinity to the rue Chantepoulet and the rue du Mont-Blanc (even if it is a good 25-30 min ride). However, the new Meyrin tram line that will run down the rue de la Servette will be under construction very soon and this will affect public transport trafic. I would not take that risk and stick to the train.

Travelling The World
reviews: 17
10. Re: Transfers from Geneva Airport to Geneva

Yes CAB, that's what I meant. The left bank, the other side of the lake. In other words, if the hotel is there, on the Rue du Rhône side of the lake, you might be better off taking the bus as you might not have to transfer, and if you did, the transfer might be easier, at a single bus stop, rather than having to come out of the station and find the right stop.

The buses have dedicated bus lanes, and are generally very efficient. I doubt the Meyrin tram construction will affect the number 10 route.