We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edelweiss Manotel, Geneva

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Somerset, England
Edelweiss Manotel, Geneva

Has anybody stayed here? Having a Friday to Sunday stay in Geneva, hoping to see the Alps, lake etc and need to know the best way to travel around (particularly up into the mountains)and enjoy some beautiful scenery.

Northern Ireland
reviews: 7
1. Re: Edelweiss Manotel, Geneva

I've stayed in this hotel twice, but for only 1 night each time. That's because we were flying into Geneva late in the evening and then moving on the next day.

It's rather a quaint set up for a big city hotel. It's decorated like a traditional swiss chalet. There's traditional dress for the staff and traditional live music in the restaurant, with yodelling. We had two lovely rooms. Staff very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again as it's reasonably priced for Geneva and certainly no hardship to stay in it.

We hired a car at the airport, printed a map off the internet and found our way to the hotel with relative ease, even though it was 9.30p.m. at the start of November this year and therefore dark. Staff at the desk helped us with the nearest car park, which was only a couple of streets away. The car park wasn't expensive. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Geneva
2. Re: Edelweiss Manotel, Geneva

Hotel is very nice as mentioned in giotto2 post.

Considering the fact that it's almost hell to park in Geneva therefore I would suggest not to reserve a car and better book the regular coach tours.

You can visit like this chamonix and mont blanc, city tour of Geneva, lausanne, montreux etc.

All this without the hassle of worry where to park, police fine, or high speed fine (on highway max speed is 120km/h).

Beleive me, few km more of speed and there goes all your economy.

Your hotel should be able to organise the tours either at the reception or in advance before your arrival and if not, here is where you can check the tours: www.keytours.ch

If you decide to use regular tours then better book a hotel nearby train station as Edelweiss is not that close.

Enjoy your stay.