We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Beau Rivage Nyon

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derby
reviews: 3
Hotel Beau Rivage Nyon

Any information on the Hotel Beau Rivage and the town of Nyon would be very helpful.

Geneva
reviews: 7
1. Re: Hotel Beau Rivage Nyon

Britannia,

In addition to being the headquarters of UEFA, Nyon is the largest city between Geneva and Lausanne. The city lies on the lakeside and features an old town with roman ruins.

The lakeside area and the old city are quite charming (a majority of the restaurants and bars are in these parts), however apart from the traditional Paleo pop/rock festival (180'000 people in July) and a few other music festivals, Nyon is a quiet town and does not really offer a large selection of exciting activities.

I can't say I know much about the Hotel Beau-Rivage but I believe it has a good reputation and along with the Hotel Real (new - looks comfortable) accommodates a large number of visitors from the football envirronment and sometimes some teams who use the Nyon sport facilities for their summer training camps - Arsenal, Benfica, Real Madrid...).

Should you want to stay in Nyon for leisure purposes, the city offers all sorts of lake activities and is very close to the Jura mountain - a mountain train climbs up to the Jura - for some nice strolls or some easy skiing in the winter).

There is a local tourism web site but only in French: www.nyon.ch.

Derby
reviews: 3
2. Re: Hotel Beau Rivage Nyon

Thankyou for your advice. Think I will stay in Geneva instead as it will be over christmas and would want something to do.Now to find a friendly small auberge or family hotel !