We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls recommend nice hotel near bars and restaurants

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derby
reviews: 2
Pls recommend nice hotel near bars and restaurants

My friend and I are thinking of going to Geneva in October. We would like to stay in a good hotel near to bars and restaurants. It is important that we are in a "safe" upmarket district as we are two women and dont want to feel threatened stepping out of the hotel. We do have a budget but would be prepared to spend a little more to feel secure and be central to "where its at". We dont want a long walk back to the hotel at the end of a night out, through dodgy streets! Thanks so much for your advice everyone.

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 104
1. Re: Pls recommend nice hotel near bars and restaurants

Bump.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 3
2. Re: Pls recommend nice hotel near bars and restaurants

>It is important that we are in a "safe" upmarket district as we are two women and dont want to feel threatened stepping out of the hotel.

OMG.

You are going to Geneva, not to Baghdad!

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
3. Re: Pls recommend nice hotel near bars and restaurants

It is true that you are unlikely to feel unsafe in Geneva.

I'm assuming you've found the reviews of hotels in Geneva, but just incase you haven't, you might find it helpful to read through them:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g188057-Geneva-Hotels…

Derby
reviews: 2
4. Re: Pls recommend nice hotel near bars and restaurants

Thanks for your advice everyone.

NB NorthWestLondoner - You must be a man to not get what I meant! But I take your point :-)

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
5. Re: Pls recommend nice hotel near bars and restaurants

No, I'm a 29 year old woman and I don't feel unsafe in Switzerland.

Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 9
6. Re: Pls recommend nice hotel near bars and restaurants

Try the Bel' E'sperance, it is a basic hotel very, very cheap by Geneva standards, but is right in the old city, and a very safe area.

It is true that is basic, but by Swiss standards, duvets, perfectly clean, everything works. Stay away from hotels near and east of the the train station as that is the red light district that no one mentions. It is safe enough just a little grungy, it also has some of the best ethnic food in Geneve.

You can walk just about everywhere in Geneve, but you can also now take the trams and busses for free when you stay in a hotel in the city.

Enjoy, that is a good time of year to visit.

We live in the area and used to stay at the Bel while we looked for a house.

7. Re: Pls recommend nice hotel near bars and restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 04, 2009