We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains return or single

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
merseyside
reviews: 13
Trains return or single

Will somebody please tell me if I can get a return train ticket lasting a few days from Geneva airport to Montreux and then a train from Montreux to Geneva city . Or will I have to get separate tickets for each journey . Also what are the prices of the return tickets . or possibly single tickets each way . I am having some difficulty with the website .

Thanks

Melynda .

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 25
1. Re: Trains return or single

Hi melynda,

Usually the train tickets are good for 24 hours, so, no, you shouldn't buy a ticket on Monday for travel on Wednesday.

The exception is if you tell the agent specifically which day you want it for -- they can issue it for a certain day. You can also specify a later date with the automatic ticket machines.

If you're having trouble getting the fares at the SBB site, keep trying. Sometimes the computers just go down. Also, make sure that you're using a date within 30 days (the fares will likely be exactly the same).

Have fun!

s

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 25
2. Re: Trains return or single

Swandav is right about the validity of the return tickets. Just to add: the fare of a return ticket is twice the oneway ticket, so it doesn't matter if you buy the tickets at the same time or not.

merseyside
reviews: 13
3. Re: Trains return or single

Swanday and Offer

I am really pleased with this feedback .I will just get 2 singles to Montreux and 2 back to Geneva on the days we travel . Swanday I managed to cancel the hotel in Geneva in order to spend the first to days of our stay in Montreux . I am so pleased . Its the Freddie Mecury weekend in Montreux . It would be a shame if we only got a day trip to Montreux and had to leave this beautiful part of Switzerland after only a few hours .

Cheers

Melynda .

4. Re: Trains return or single

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 02, 2009