We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geneva

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
milton keynes
reviews: 1
Geneva

Hi, Going to Geneva for the first time in July. Got flights but need some advice on Hotels and where to eat that is not going to break the bank (or make me rob one!), Any helpers?

Geneva
reviews: 11
1. Re: Geneva

Matineeidol,

What is your hotel budget?

milton keynes
reviews: 1
2. Re: Geneva

probably under £100 per night

Geneva
3. Re: Geneva

I need to be at Mr Pickwick pub in 20 mins for the Liv - ManU game.

I will get back to you with some recommendations tomorrow.

Geneva
4. Re: Geneva

Matineeidol,

Your budget should allow you to get a room in a nice 3* or even a 4*.

You can safely book any of the Manotel hotels (local Geneva chain). They were all recently renovated and are highly rated in the Tripadvisor list.

With your budget, I would try the Epsom Manotel. Their largest but clearly their nicest. I went for a coffee there last Friday; it really is a nice hotel. Its only (little) negative is that it is on the far Eastern side of the Pâquis district behind the President Wilson Hotel (5*) and a bit excentred. But it is only a block behind the lakeside and only a 10 minute walk to the central Mont-Blanc bridge.

The Pâquis is a lively neighbourhood with tons of restaurants for all budgets. For lunch, you must go for a "Plat du jour" at "Les Bains des Pâquis" (with your swimming gear). The Pâquis baths is a protected historical monument and part of the Geneva architectural heritage. The unique atmosphere of this place, especially in the summer, will give you a good taste of real local atmosphere. Its little "buvette" (bar) serves a light lunch to people in bikinis as well as to others in suits and ties.

Other hotel recommendations would include the Bristol (4* plus - could be a bit tight, but definitely worth a try), the Sofitel as well as the charming Tiffany.

5. Re: Geneva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 25, 2009