We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where do the foodies eat?

Which Thun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
reviews: 94
where do the foodies eat?

I'm looking for a memorable Swiss dining experience in Thun. I've found Trip Advisors restaurants category to be a little unreliable when it comes to dining outside the US. I'm a foodie who needs more than just a list of restaraunts in the area. Is there any place serving exotic or bizarre foods. Is there a must vist restaurant in Luzern? A particular food I may not have heard of? My taste run from poor man's food to five star dining, street food to jacket required. Shared personal experiences would be great.

Thanks Tripadvisors!

Luxembourg
reviews: 30
1. Re: where do the foodies eat?

Anything in Thun I wonder ? Thun-a-fish perhaps !

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 26
2. Re: where do the foodies eat?

Hi SHFT54,

Until you get a good, personal recommendation, here is the Thun tourism site's list of restaurants by category:

www.thun.ch/en/tourism/restaurants.html…

Now, I *know* you didn't want just a list, but you can click on each one and see if any has G-M points.

You may also want to take a look at

www.viamichelin.com

Go to "tourism, hotels, snd restaurnts," then at the block on the left, click on "restaurants" then enter "Switzerland" and then each of your cities in turn. Obviously, Michelin is a pretty good source for eateries . . .

Hope this helps.

s

Miami, Florida
3. Re: where do the foodies eat?

Thanks Swanday! And the thun-a-fish comment was hilarious

bern
4. Re: where do the foodies eat?

The Restaurant Schadau is really unique. It's a 10 minute walk from the train station at the lake.

The Schadau is a castel with a surrounding park and and great mountain/lake-view. If you have a higher budget go to Restaurant, but also the Bistro offers great food and atmosphere for "normal" prices. At least one evening you should go to place with a fairy tale feeling ;-)

www.schloss-schadau.ch

Miami, Florida
5. Re: where do the foodies eat?

Thanks! Does sound fairy tale like, my girlfriend should love it!

6. Re: where do the foodies eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 16, 2009