We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid SIM card purchase in Bern

Which Bern hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, California
reviews: 1
Prepaid SIM card purchase in Bern

I heard that the "Mucho Mobile" SIM card can be purchased at Zurich airport post office. Can I also get this at the Bern post office? Reportedly Swisscom charges 80 rappen per minute but Mucho Mobile charges 20 rappen per minute.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 132
1. Re: Prepaid SIM card purchase in Bern

Almost every reasonably large post office in this country has turned into a "bazaar" and you can buy a variety of things there including pre-paid Mobile phone cards! No need to go to the central post office in Bern (next to the station) - any reasonable size one will do!

Irvine, California
reviews: 1
2. Re: Prepaid SIM card purchase in Bern

Thanks Hambagahle. I'll pick up the SIM card in Bern, not Zurich. Can I still send a post card from the post office? (just kidding)

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
3. Re: Prepaid SIM card purchase in Bern

Sometimes I think I am in a souk when I go to our post office here - at least it helps to pass the time while i am waiting for my number to be called!!

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
reviews: 8
4. Re: Prepaid SIM card purchase in Bern

Ah, yes, you won't see a line/queue at the PO. When you go in, you'll see a "take a number" machine and then the number will come up above one of the windows - I think I recall that they announce the number and window at some postoffices - maybe at all. Anyway, it gives you time to shop! Even if there is no one else there, I think you need to take a number.

Hope this helps.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
5. Re: Prepaid SIM card purchase in Bern

Yes - take a number. The machine will tell you how long the wait will be. In our Poste there is a "ping" and the number comes up on a screen with the letter of the counter to go to. We haven't got so fancy as to have the numbers announced...yet! At least, not here in Martigny.

6. Re: Prepaid SIM card purchase in Bern

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 13, 2011