We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bern, one stop of many, for a honeymoon.

Which Bern hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Il
Bern, one stop of many, for a honeymoon.

I was wondering if any one could give me some suggestions of what my new wife and I could do in Bern? We are 30 years old and are looking for fun thing to do that are kind off the beaten path i.e. wierd museums, brewerys and anything that doesn't involve spending the whole day looking at museums. We really dont have a problem with culture but it will get a little old on our 3 week honeymoon. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 28
1. Re: Bern, one stop of many, for a honeymoon.

Hi AHammer 16,

If you're there on a Monday night, they have Monday-night skating starting in May. I found it at www.berninfo.com, under "sports & leisure." I think everything else I can think of is pretty mundane, everyday-tourist stuff (Bear Pits, Clock Tower, Cathedral, arcaded streets, etc).

It's not well known, but Bern was a big center of espionage activities of the Allies against Nazi Germany -- US spymaster Dulles lived & conducted business there during the war. I'm not sure if you can find any information about that, though.

Otherwise, you may enjoy the Giger (sp??) museum in Gruyeres, about 1h30 - 2h away by train. Giger is the guy who made the alien monsters in the movie "Alien."

Have fun!

s

Chicago, Il
2. Re: Bern, one stop of many, for a honeymoon.

thanx swan

Switzerland
reviews: 3
3. Re: Bern, one stop of many, for a honeymoon.

There is a brewery/restaurant close to the bear pit www.altestramdepot.ch

4. Re: Bern, one stop of many, for a honeymoon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, August 24, 2009