We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Optimize Switzerland in 3 days

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Optimize Switzerland in 3 days

I'll be going to Basel on 22/10/13 for work until 22/4/13.

I'll be available from Thursday (22/10) afternoon until Sunday (27/10)

I want to optimize my stay in Switzerland by enjoying the best part of it.

People said I should take I night trip to jungfrau, some say mt titles, some say lake lucerne.. Pls help to build my itenary there.

What about the scenic train tour package. Pls help me...

6 replies to this topic
Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
1. Re: Optimize Switzerland in 3 days

Hi Farahnazhar,

Are the first two lines a typing mistake?

Do you have 3 days or 6 days to spare for sight-seeing ( 22/10 to 27/10 ) ( Tuesday to Sunday ) ?

Your replies will help us suggest a suitable itinerary.

arvind

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 113
2. Re: Optimize Switzerland in 3 days

Let's assume it is Thurs to Sun? In February this is high season for the ski resorts and getting a room for only a weekend is going to be hard. So, since the OP wants a scenic train ride, how about this:

Thursday evening Basel to Montreux. 2 nights in Montreux. See Château de Chillon, maybe take lunch cruise on the lake, then afternoon in Vevey. Then next morning take the train to Visp to arrive by 11am to catch the Glacier Express. GEX to Chur and change there for Zürich and Luzern. Spend the rest of the time in Luzern before returning to Basel.

So - Thurs and Fri nights in Montreux. Saturday night in Luzern.

Busy weekend!

Kuala Lumpur...
3. Re: Optimize Switzerland in 3 days

Thanks!

I'll be going there alone. Will it be easier if I get a tour package? If yes, range of cost?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
4. Re: Optimize Switzerland in 3 days

Why take a tour package? We speak some English here and especially everyone who works in tourism does...

You will have the trip you want in the timeframe you need if you do it on your own...

Kuala Lumpur...
5. Re: Optimize Switzerland in 3 days

Thanks! I really captivated by your proposed itenary. But what if I just hv Friday to Sunday? The plan doesn't seemed viable anymore... The reason I asked for package because the train plus accommodation can be pricey if I do my own arrangement.. Plus I'll be traveling alone ( extending few days after my work in Basel)

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
6. Re: Optimize Switzerland in 3 days

Then you are faced with a choice!

1. Just go to Montreux from Basel for the weekend and stay there.

2. Leave Basel early on the Saturday and take the train to Visp. Connect to the GEX and go as far as Chur. Then connect to Luzern (via Zürich or Thalwil) and spend Sat night there. Back to Basel on Sunday.

OR

Just go to Luzern. Spend two nights and see something of Central Switzerland.

Reply to: Optimize Switzerland in 3 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted