We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basel SBB to Strasbourg ???

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 28
Basel SBB to Strasbourg ???

does any one know how long it takes from arriving at Basel to change trains to stasbourg??? and is it easy to change platforms?? i arrive 15.30 and my train to Stras is at 15.51 cannot find a map of the station layout

4 replies to this topic
Stevenage, United...
reviews: 25
1. Re: Basel SBB to Strasbourg ???

It is very easy, and changing platforms will take you 5 minutes Maximum. If you are going to Stratsbourg, you will need the French side platforms (its all signposted) and you will walk through the old border controls (but there is no border control persons due to the Schengen agreement).

If in doubt, there are plenty of staff on hand to help you.

london
reviews: 28
2. Re: Basel SBB to Strasbourg ???

Thank you

Basel / Switzerland
reviews: 34
3. Re: Basel SBB to Strasbourg ???

From the arrival plattform take the rolling stairs up to the passarelle, then down to the main hall. On the left side of the main hall you will see a signnpost "FRANCE". Keep straight on, cross the (mostly unmanned) border and go the the french railway plattforms. (by customs law you are already in France by then, although geographically you are still in Basel)

All this will take a maximum of 10 minutes. (400 yards walk)

Indore
4. Re: Basel SBB to Strasbourg ???

How do I go to Interlaken from Basel SBB? Is it possible to take tickets on the spot rather than booking them in advance. I am traveling from India to Paris and then to INterlaken, via Basel is the only option I m getting.

Thank u

Reply to: Basel SBB to Strasbourg ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted