We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

basel sbb to zurich hb

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 1
basel sbb to zurich hb

hi..

can somebody advise how to go to zurich hb?

we are travelling from basel sbb.

if our train to paris from zurich is at 7.34 am, at what time do we need to depart from basel. what is the best tranportation can we use?

please advise TQ

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 133
1. Re: basel sbb to zurich hb

Hi there,

Just use www.sbb.ch/en. Gives far more detail than what we can summarise here in the forum.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 94
2. Re: basel sbb to zurich hb

Hi tamtam909. The 07:34 TGV from Zurich to Paris is routed via Basel SBB... ( Zürich HB > Basel SBB > Mulhouse Ville > Belfort-Montbéliard > Paris-Gare de Lyon). So there is no need to go to Zurich, and then return to Basel. The TGV for Paris departs at 08:34 from Basel SBB.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
3. Re: basel sbb to zurich hb

canswiss

Any idea why SBB does not show that train running any further than Basel on 19 (*) and 20 October 2013 and requiring multiple changes thereafter?

(*) tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g188049-i752-k67…

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 94
4. Re: basel sbb to zurich hb

Yeah... I saw that too. Don't know. There is construction work happening on the line between Basel and Dijon/Dole (see: tgv-lyria.com/main/…traffic_conditions.asp ) but there is not a specific notice for that weekend (but perhaps it is too early for a notice). However i also see that on the TGV-Lyra web site they still say that the direct TGV train is running... it is also confusing for me.

I see that the TGV trains from Geneva to Paris are running normally that weekend, but this is a different route.

If you want more clarity I would send a question to TGV-Lyra at: tgv-lyria.com/main/…contact.asp

Good Luck.

Edited: 3:29 am, July 29, 2013
Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 20
5. Re: basel sbb to zurich hb

canswiss, swissaholic TGV 9206 (the one coming from Zurich) is the direct train from Basel to Paris, the next direct is at 14:30 or something.

this is what SBB shows, or what do you mean?

from sbb:

You take the TGV from Basel SBB departing track 11 towards Paris-Gare de Lyon to Paris-Gare de Lyon.

Your journey starts at Basel SBB on 19.10.13 at 08:34, you arrive at Paris-Gare de Lyon is at 11:45.

Summary

The total journey time is: 3:11

This connection is possible on the following days: 28., 29. Sep, 19., 20. Oct

The number of changes is: 0

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
reviews: 2
6. Re: basel sbb to zurich hb

Hi Taks

Yesterday the SBB site did not show TGV 9206 travelling further than Basel on 19 October. Today it does. Confusion over.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
7. Re: basel sbb to zurich hb

aaaah ok, I got confused myself you see. Propably a glitch or bad info from SNCF.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 1
8. Re: basel sbb to zurich hb

Can i use swiss pass from basel to zurich trainstation?is the train station same ?or the i must take the different train station for tgv lyria?

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
reviews: 42
9. Re: basel sbb to zurich hb

I think everyone is trying to tell you that you do not need to rush from Basel to Zurich, early in the morning. Just wait for the TGV Lyria to stop at Basel SBB, and board. In the case that you REALLY have to do so, Swiss Pass will cover Basel to Zurich as long as it is still within the timeframe of your Swiss Pass.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
10. Re: basel sbb to zurich hb

It is the same station Zurich HB.