We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alsa+ 24 - transport pass for Alsace

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rancho Palos v
reviews: 2
Alsa+ 24 - transport pass for Alsace

I'm going on a Christmas Markets cruise and will be in Basel for 3 days 7-10 December. Our time there is very open and I was looking into going to Colmar for their markets and to see the gem of a town, since it's not on the cruise itinerary... In my online search I found the Colmar Christmas markets brochure from last year and it mentioned the Alsa+ 24 hour pass - it's such a great deal for my day trip from Basel. It's only 20 euros for Haut-Rhin, which is the only area I need, not the entire Alsace region. (33euros).

My main question is: can I easily buy the pass at the Basel Hauptbahnhof? From what I've tried to decipher, it is. Google translate only goes so far! The price of the SBB ticket to Colmar is more expensive and this includes all public transportation in the cities.

Thank you for your help!

Jane

Rancho Palos v
reviews: 2
31. Re: Alsa+ 24 - transport pass for Alsace

Thank you, Peter. I will make sure to collect 2 euro coins as I work my way up the Rhine! Great tip! I like being prepared. Just a little over 3 months before I fly out... I'm now thinking I might also stop in Mulhouse for their Christmas market, as well as Colmar for the day trip.

32. Re: Alsa+ 24 - transport pass for Alsace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 19, 2014