We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

various basel queries.

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coatbridge, United...
reviews: 7
various basel queries.

Hi. My partner and myself are heading to basel for 3 night's on 1st November before taking the train to Paris for 3 nights. If anyone could answer some of these it would be a great help.

1) How much money would you recommend for 2 people that prefer to sample the street food on our travels rather than restaurants. Have a few drinks in a bar. Explore mostly by walking around and only paying into a couple of the main sights?

2) Is it easy to get a ticket to an FC Basel game provided they are at home that weekend? If so where to get one and roughly the cost?

3) Is it worth using one of the days to visit somewhere nice nearby? If so, where would you recommend?

4) Is the train journey to Paris a nice scenic journey or is there not much to see?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 20
1. Re: various basel queries.

Without the hotel? I would say 100-150 francs a day to be on the (very, but very) safe side.

Of course it can be much much less, like have sandwiches at 5 francs and two beers at 10 francs pP etc.

I give you the 100-150 francs , because I personally like to calculate high.

Depends on the game. Give a shout when you decide to be here, exact dates etc and I will help you get tickets.

I would see if and for where are there supersaver tickets and decide there and then. Else, I strongly suggest Lucerne, lakes, mountains, the full monty.

No, well, I did not enjoy it, small windows, etc. it is just the four hours about you know...

Hope this helps to get you started and ask again for more detail etc.

Coatbridge, United...
2. Re: various basel queries.

After watching Basel in the europa league this season I took a liking for them. The fans were loud and created a great atmosphere. Much like my own team Celtic. So going to a game would be high up on my to do list. Thank you for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
3. Re: various basel queries.

Either I or Mätzli will help you get tickets. We are both club members and we love our footie.

Sooner I know, better it is.

We just won the championship and had a great party.We did not make the double :( like you did :)

you can see videos in Facebook and all over actually.

FCB has a great facebook page.

Have ya got a hotel yet? The Gotthard at the station is pretty decent, as is the youth hostel at the St. Alban.

Coatbridge, United...
4. Re: various basel queries.

That would be excellent if we could get tickets. You were really unlucky not to get to the europa league final. Best set of fans in the competition and you have a really good team just now. Maybe we will meet in the champions league next season :)

Thank you for the advice on the hotel I will have a look.

Basel / Switzerland
reviews: 34
5. Re: various basel queries.

Hi, Donuts

I've been to the Match Celtic vs. Basel in 2002, and at Beard's Bar before. :-)

For national FCB matches , there will be always tickets available in November. The fan stand is always sold out, but I can try to get two tickets for you there if I know the exact date. The fixtures for the season will be released by beginning of July. Then we shall ken more. Send me a PN. I'm member of FC Basel, have friends with the Jambos, but also like Celtic. (like everything fae Scotland).

Slainthe

Coatbridge, United...
6. Re: various basel queries.

That's good to know that you can get tickets. I will be arriving on Friday 1st November and leaving on the 4th. I have been in bairds a good few times. It's a big Celtic pub but a bit of a dive haha. Are there lots of FC Basel pubs? So I could go to one for a few beers before the game? I was at the game in 2002 also, we won 3-1 but you beat us 2-0 in basel. You went quite far in the champions league that season. Thanks again for your help.

Danke

Edited: 6:41 am, June 04, 2013
Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
7. Re: various basel queries.

I think you should go to where Mätzli is going before the match. He or I can take you, it is very near the stadium.

Will that be one ticket? ot two?

I sent you a PM

Edited: 6:58 am, June 04, 2013
Coatbridge, United...
8. Re: various basel queries.

Two tickets. Just new on this so having trouble working out to access my PM's on my phone.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
9. Re: various basel queries.

hehehe, don't worry.

My PM was about one ticket.

Basel / Switzerland
reviews: 34
10. Re: various basel queries.

I'll invite you to the cellar of my carnival club, 200 yards away from the stadium, for a decent pint and some drams (Macallan, Laphroaig, and Macallan available). It is always open to the public on match days.

Hopefully it'll be a home match that week end.

Get answers to your questions about Basel