We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

basel viking cruise ship terminal

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Altoona, Iowa
basel viking cruise ship terminal

i need to know the best way to get from the airport to the viking cruise ship terminal in basel switzerland

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
reviews: 6
1. Re: basel viking cruise ship terminal

Hi, and welcome to TA! Are you flying into Basel Europort or into Zurich or Geneva?

Baltimore, Maryland
2. Re: basel viking cruise ship terminal

I would like to write a complimentary note to the head of customer relations in Switzerland, to whom should I direct it to?

Baltimore, Maryland
3. Re: basel viking cruise ship terminal

I had a wonderful (unusual) experience on my last Viking cruise and would like to let the let the head of customer relations in Switzerland know about this experience - to whom do I write?

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 20
4. Re: basel viking cruise ship terminal

This is something for the google.com. You will find info at the Viking cruise site I guess.

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: basel viking cruise ship terminal

We are taking a Rhine River cruise which ends in Basel. Can anyone tell us the best/easiest way to get from Basel docks to the train station to get a train to Zurich please? We haven't done much travelling and only speak English. Many thanks.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
6. Re: basel viking cruise ship terminal

Hi, don't worry about speaking only English. Most taxi drivers will speak English and all Swiss Rail staff that serve the pubic speak English (often much better than native speakers!)

The easiest way to get from the dock to the station is a taxi. The closest tram stop is some distance (probably too far to walk with luggage) from the docks. If you happen to get a taxi driver who doesn't understand train station, have "SBB" on a piece of paper to show him. There are a couple of other stations but you want Basel SBB to get the train to Zurich.

Hope this helps.

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: basel viking cruise ship terminal

Thanks so much kileysmom :)

St. George, Utah
reviews: 1
8. Re: basel viking cruise ship terminal

I have booked the Rhine Getaway cruise in October and will be flying into the Basel Europort. How is the best way to get to the ship dock?

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
9. Re: basel viking cruise ship terminal

There's bus transport from the airport to the main train station in Basel where it is easy to take a taxi to the dock. It's easy to find the bus at the airport and when the bus drops you at the station, you'll see the taxi stand area as well. They have trolleys at the airport and at the station if you need them to move your luggage.

Hope this helps.

St. George, Utah
reviews: 1
10. Re: basel viking cruise ship terminal

Thanks very much. Another question for you... If I am staying overnight in Basel, on the German side do I go out the French or Swiss exit from the airport or does it really matter? I will be staying on the other side of the river from the airport and near the dock. Thanks for your help.

Get answers to your questions about Basel