We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental in Basel

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 5
Car Rental in Basel

We may be renting a car for the day in Basel. We will be arriving at the city from Wohlen Switzerland by train. Does anyone know how far the car rental location is from the train station? Hertz has one at Nauenstrasse. There is also one at the airport but it is much more expensive. I can not find where Nauenstrasse is or how I might get there. Thanks.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 26
1. Re: Car Rental in Basel

Hi owrp,

I've found the maps at www.mappy.com to be very good to help me get oriented. Input as much of the address as you can get, and it should help.

s

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
reviews: 6
2. Re: Car Rental in Basel

Hi, mappy is very good and so is michelin.com - As I recall there is a car rental (not sure it's Hertz) right at the station. I would check on the Swiss Rail website for services at the station in Basel or e-mail Swiss Rail and ask if there is an agency at the station. They answer in a day or two.

Hope this helps.

Basel / Switzerland
reviews: 34
3. Re: Car Rental in Basel

The Hertz office at Nauenstrasse is 300 m from the railway station.

Nauenstrasse is the street between the Hilton Hotel and the Bank for International Settlement( tower). Hertz is on the pavement of the Hilton side (200 meters from the hotel).

Easy to find

NJ
4. Re: Car Rental in Basel

Thank you! Is that the distance to the central Train Station SBB?

Also, which hotels would you recommend that are convenient to the SBB train station?

Basel / Switzerland
reviews: 34
5. Re: Car Rental in Basel

Yes this is the main station Bahnhof SBB.

Nearby is the Hilton ( as mentioned; rather expensive),

Hotel Victoria with very good value for money,

and Hotel Schweizerhof ( charming and old style but good quality)

avoid Central Hotel or Euler

Enjoy!

NJ
6. Re: Car Rental in Basel

Many thanks!

7. Re: Car Rental in Basel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Basel