We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Cars rental agency

Which Switzerland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 9
Holiday Cars rental agency

I booked a car (online in the U.S.) with Holiday Autos for my 4 day stay in Zurich and Geneva. On arriving at Zurich Airport, I learned that my meeting in Geneva was cancelled. I went to the Avis desk (Holiday Auto booked my car with Avis), and Avis was happy to cancel my reservation. However, because I had to prepay the rental in full to Holiday Auto when I made the reservation, they refused to give me any refund whatsoever, even a partial refund. The agent claimed that if I had let them know by 9 PM the day I picked up the car, I could have gotten a refund - I arrived at the desk to cancel at 9:05 PM. I have never made a car reservation that was not refundable upon cancellation. I will not use this company again.

1 reply
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
1. Re: Holiday Cars rental agency

Maybe you haven't encountered this before but almost all of the "intermediary agencies" - including Kemwell etc - will have specific refund timeframe and it is well worth reading the fine print to be aware of what these are. In point of fact, allowing you to cancel with full refund up to 2100 on the day of rental is amazingly lenient IMO. Most expect several days' notice for cancellations.

If you got a really good rate it would be worth giving them another try!

Reply to: Holiday Cars rental agency
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted