We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on 10 Days Switzerland Itinerary

Which Switzerland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Advice on 10 Days Switzerland Itinerary

Dear All,

Please kindly advice on the following Itinerary for our upcoming Free & Easy Switzerland trip and also the mode of transportation based on the travelling pattern:

1) Accommodation: Lausanne and Lucerne

2) Dates: 03 May 2014 to 13 May 2014

--------------

Lausanne

--------------

a. 03 May 2014

What:

Morning – From Paris to Geneva via TGV

Afternoon – Tour around Geneva

Evening – Take train from Geneva to Lausanne

b. 04 May 2014

What: Day trip to Morges

Attractions: MORGES, PARC DE L'INDEPENDENCE (Tulip Festival 2014); Little Train Morges

c. 05 May 2014

What: Day trip to Montreux

Attractions: Chilon Castle; Vevey; Glacier 3000

d. 06 May 2014

What: Explore Lausanne

Attractions: Chapel Bridge

e. 07 May 2014

What:

Morning – Check-out from Hotel. Travel from Lausanne to Bern.

Afternoon – Day trip in Bern.

Evening – Travel from Bern to Lucerne

Attractions: Clock Tower (Zytglogge); The BearPark; Einstein House; The Prison Tower (All in Bern)

---------------

LUCERNE

---------------

a. 08 May 2014

What: Day trip to Brienz

Attractions: Swiss Open-Air Museum Ballenberg

b. 09 May 2014

What: Explore Lucerne

Attractions: Mount Pilatus

c. 10 May 2014

What: Explore Lucerne

Attractions: Swiss Museum of Transport / Water Tower

d. 11 May 2014

What: Day trip to Basel

Attractions:

e. 12 May 2014

What: Day trip to Zurich

Attractions: The Rhine Falls

f. 13 May 2014

What: Check-out from Hotel. Travel from Lucerne to Zurich Airport

Thanks in advance!

Edited: 12:55 am, December 11, 2013
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
1. Re: Advice on 10 Days Switzerland Itinerary

I don't know about this being "free and easy" - it seems like a jam packed and tiring itinerary to me!

Note that the "Chapel bridge" - die Kappellerbrücke - is not in Lausanne. It is in Luzern. And Lausanne is really not a great place to base yourself either. Hard to navigate for the first timer and somewhat sprawling up a long hillside, bi-sected by the ravine of an old river. If I were you I would choose Vevey or Montreux. Much easier to get around and to get to the station and both very nice places...

A full day in Morges might be (would be for me!) overkill And lovely though the tulip festival is I rather think that a day trip to Gruyères instead would be a lot more interesting.

Note that in connection with Luzern Pilatus is at least a half day trip outside the town... The Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Transport Museum and the old town of Luzern should all form part of one day's sightseeing.

At the end of your trip you plan a day at the Rhine Falls and in Zürich. Then you go back to Luzern for the night and then go to the airport the next day. Instead of going backwards and forwards over the same route why not move to Zürich or the airport area and spend the last night? If your flight isn't too early then Zürich city would be great. The Rhine Falls are an hour north of Zürich (same direction as the airport only further).

Hope these comments help you sort things out!

2. Re: Advice on 10 Days Switzerland Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 14, 2014