We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip around Interlaken and the area in October...weather??

Which Switzerland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
zanzibar
Trip around Interlaken and the area in October...weather??

Hi I am planing a trip from October 10 -20 .

we are couple around 30 and my wife is in early pregnant.

The trip will be on the folloeing places:

Jungfrau,First,MürrenתTrummelbach Falle maybee Broc and we will sleep on start at Lauterbrunnen

I would like to ask if the weather may be snow alot of rain?? what is the odd to go to Jungfrau and get a clear view in this time of the year weather?

because off our pregnant, we don't want to go walk a lot on our trip 1.5 hour is Max. on sites.

Thanks.

Middle England
reviews: 66
1. Re: Trip around Interlaken and the area in October...weather??

You are almost certain to get a good day up Jungfrau in a 10 day stay - the skill is in choosing the right day, so it's best to make your plans as flexible as you can.

When you see the North face of the Eiger look up there and think in awe of Alison Hargreaves who climbed it while 6 months pregnant with her son Tom.

The First gondola will still be open, it closes for the season on 20th October. Trummelbach falls will be spectacular if there is a lot of rain when you are there. The weather problem may be more with fog at lower levels which you climb out of as you go higher, so webcams will be very useful during your stay - find the right channel on the TV in your room which show all the resorts in real time.

Have a great trip.

zanzibar
2. Re: Trip around Interlaken and the area in October...weather??

Thank you very much for the help.

Do I need to ask some spaicial gear from the Avis (I rent Avis car)?

zanzibar
3. Re: Trip around Interlaken and the area in October...weather??

P.S

I won't be all 10 days in swiss,I want to go to the Black Forest as weel so I still trying to build a Plan

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 126
4. Re: Trip around Interlaken and the area in October...weather??

If you are renting your car in switzerland and returning it to Switzerland that is OK except that you will be paying a daily rental for the car and then not using it when you are in the Lauterbrunnen area. And also paying to park it! you shouldn't need special winter equipment in mid october.

BUT if you plan to rent it here and drop it in Germany then think again. the drop charges could easily run over $1000 (US). And honestly the Black Forest is not really worth it... There are lots nicer places in Germany than that, and Alsace, across the Rhine in France is extremely nice...

Finally tell you wife to ask her gynecologist if it is OK for her to go up to 3450m which is the altitude of the Jungfraujoch. The air is thin anywhere above 2000m and there is less oxygen in it... better to ask first!!

5. Re: Trip around Interlaken and the area in October...weather??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 30, 2014