We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket Shop Question

Which Switzerland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
reviews: 4
Ticket Shop Question

Hi, i was looking at the ticketshop in the SBB website and look under the section"Trip in Europe". Then i searched for trains from Geneva to Milan on 21 July 2010 which i am interested to book. The lowest fare avaliable was 30 CHF for 2nd class.

However, there was a message saying

"Tip: The price shown is the fare for one adult (16 and over) calculated the following basis: Adult with Half-Fare travelcard. The prices shown are guide prices. Limited availability, subject to change."

Does this mean that i have to own a Half-Fare card before i can buy at the special price of 30 CHF??

Please help. Thanks.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
reviews: 25
1. Re: Ticket Shop Question

Hi beanisme,

Well --

You can BUY the half-fare ticket.

But you must have the Half Fare Card to show to the conductor on the train when you show him/her that ticket at half fare. The HFC costs 99 chf for one month.

Have fun!

s

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
reviews: 25
2. Re: Ticket Shop Question

Well, either you buy the half fare card - then your ticket to Milano costs CHF 30. If you don't have a half fare card, then the ticket will simply be more expensive (double fare on the Swiss portion). If you continue the booking process, you will be asked if you have a reduction on the Swiss part of the journey - click on 'none' if you don't intend to buy a half fare card and you will be given the price without.

3. Re: Ticket Shop Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 04, 2011