We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brufani Palace Hotel

Which Perugia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
reviews: 9
Brufani Palace Hotel

My husband and I will be arriving by train on Oct. 19. This is the first day of the Chocolate Festival. How will we get to Brufani Palace from the train station? Will the festival be a walk from the hotel. Is there more than one ttrain station in Perugia? We will be traveling to Perugia from Florence.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 23
1. Re: Brufani Palace Hotel

Solution 1:

Take a city bus from directly in front of the Trenitalia Fontivegge Station which goes up the hill to Piazza Italia; or

NOTE: Bus Line "G" goes to Piazza Italia from the train station. Ask the newsstand vendor what other bus lines go there from the station.

Solution 2:

Take the Perugia Mini Metro elevated railway from the Fontivegge Station to central Perugia (proceed along Platform 1, beyond the station cafe, to the Mini Metro entrance (DO NOT EXIT THE TRAIN STATION))

The bus will take you much closer to the Brufani than will the Mini Metro.

Buy your bus or Mini Metro Ticket from the newsstand inside the Trenitalia station. There are also vending machines at the Mini Metro Entrance. The fare is 1.50 Euros.

P.S.: The Chocolate Festival in Perugia is a ZOO. I was there a couple of years ago, and was totally frustrated by the huge crowds which flooded the historic areas of Perugia. I encourage you to choose a different time to visit Perugia.

There is another train station in Perugia: Sant'Anna (up the hill), which is used by the Umbria Regional rail line (FCU), NOT by Trenitalia.

Paciano, Italy
reviews: 30
2. Re: Brufani Palace Hotel

I suggest that you take a taxi from the train station where you will arrive. Less than 12 Euros. It will drop you off in front of the hotel with your luggage.

The chocolate festival is huge & attracts thousands of people. Your hotel is on the Corso at the beginning of the festivities. Be prepared for crowds

3. Re: Brufani Palace Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, April 19, 2013
Philadelphia
reviews: 9
4. Re: Brufani Palace Hotel

I believe my train from Florence will arrive at Perugia Santa Anna Station. Is this station closer to Hotel Bufani? I will be arriving at about 10 a.m. I would hope to leave carry on luggage at the hotel and then spend the day at the festival. I will be in Perugia for 2 nights. What are some non- crowd ideas for day 2?

When I leave Perugia to catch the train for Naples yet a different station offers the fastest ride. I hope I am not making travel to complicated.

Thanks!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 23
5. Re: Brufani Palace Hotel

QUOTE: " I believe my train from Florence will arrive at Perugia Santa Anna Station"

NOTE: If your train is Trenitalia, this is not possible. Where do you see that the arrival station in Perugia is S. Anna???

QUOTE: "What are some non- crowd ideas for day 2?"

ANSWER: Get out of Dodge! Leave Perugia and go to Assisi

Perugia to Naples involves going to the Trenitalia Fontivegge Station, taking a train to Roma Termini, and connecting there to another train to Naples.

NOTE: Do you know that there is a direct BUS from Perugia Piazza dei Partigiani to Naples (no connections)? You can WALK to the bus depot in Perugia from the Hotel Brufani via the underground escalators which pass under the demolished Rocca Paolina. A fascinating experience! Takes about 10-15 minutes.

www.sulga.it

http://www.sulga.it/orari/assisi_pompei.pdf

(DAILY at 14:30, arrives Naples 19:00 and Pompei 19:45)

6. Re: Brufani Palace Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Perugia