We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry in Assisi

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester Hills...
reviews: 31
Laundry in Assisi

I will be in Assisi in another week in the midst of a 2 week trip, and am staying near the Basilica San Francesco.

Are there laundry facilities in Assisi ? R Steves had mentioned Belleblu' Lavanderia on Via Borgo Arentino, but I was hoping that something might be a bit closer.

Looking forward to a great 3 days in Assisi !

Thanks for any help.

IMB

Waldshut-Tiengen...
1. Re: Laundry in Assisi

Hi, I lived 20 years in Umbria, so I checked the phone directories in Italian but I couldn't find anything. They are all further away, out of town, so apparently Bolle Blu is the only one in the town centre.

Assisi, Italy
2. Re: Laundry in Assisi

The only laundry is in Via Borgo Aretino, between the BasIlica di S. Chiara and the Porta Nuova medieval gate. Your only one.

If you are staying down near the Basilica di San Francesco, imagine you are now used to walking up and down the hillls!

:)

If carrying lots of laundry, just hop on a shuttle bus, the little orange "buxi" - probably a stop near your lodgings..and just let driver know where you are headed.

Did you see the arrival last Sunday of the Cavalcata di Satriano? A memorable re-evocation of a moment in the life of San Francesco..

Do see the Quintana in Foligno this weekend! If you email me, can send an article I wrote on it...

Rochester Hills...
3. Re: Laundry in Assisi

Thanks alighieri76 for looking that up !

AssisiAnne - I don't arrive in Assisi until next week, but am getting my legs ready for walking the hills of Assisi - which I love to do ! Thanks for the idea on the shuttle - I have seen those around during prior visits, but have never used them.

IMB

Assisi, Italy
4. Re: Laundry in Assisi

Where are you staying while here?

Festival in Montefalco mid-Sept....and the Foligno one is this coming weekend..

Sagras going on all over the place, though!

Rochester Hills...
5. Re: Laundry in Assisi

Am staying at Monastero S Andrea.

This will be my 4th time in Assisi - and love to come back !!!

IMB

Rochester Hills...
6. Re: Laundry in Assisi

Just a follow up posting for future travelers.

There is indeed a good laundry service on Via Borgo Aretino (between S. Chiara and the Porta Nuova gate) that I used during a recent trip …. with drop off service…….and pick up in 2 hours. This was very helpful in the midst of a 2 week trip

IMB

Assisi, Italy
7. Re: Laundry in Assisi

Monastero di S. Andrea quite far from laundry ...just past S. Chiara towards Porta Nuova

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 17
8. Re: Laundry in Assisi

Those little buses are a great feature of Assisi. They follow sort of a daisy petal pattern in and out of the town, over and over, taking you past some excellent views. Also, depending on the driver, it can feel like a roller coaster. :-)

Assisi, Italy
9. Re: Laundry in Assisi

yes, the "buxi: (part bus and part taxi) get one around the town...2 routes..take both..hop on and stay on..and you will see lots of Assisi til you return to starting point

10. Re: Laundry in Assisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 11, 2013