We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camino Asissi

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Graz
Camino Asissi

In the End of June did walk as single from Davadola to Assisi. It was very hot. The straw hat and the sun cream were necessary. I did meet to times other Pilgrims on the way. From the landscape is the way top. The way contains little asphalt and a lot of nature. To get the pilgrim pass from Don Alfeo in Dovaldola without previous applications and memberships was not a problem (In Florence you do not get the pilgrim pass without previous application and membership and the Florence Pilgrim pass address is only an accommodation address). From the beds in the Refugio’s I got borreliosis. To get the Doxiciclina in a drugstore without recipe was possible. In PIETRALUNGA you have to interview Don Salvatore one day before why otherwise you cannot sleep there and that also if he is not absent and you don’t have interviewed him one day before. In the 3 stars hostel in PIETRALUNGA there the TV does not work. Assisi is commercial. I got the certificate only with my correct forename. The family name was from another person. Another certificate was not necessary. It can be why I don’t have absolved the pervious application and membership.

21 replies to this topic
Assisi, Italy
1. Re: Camino Asissi

What do you mean by "assisi is commercial"?

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Camino Asissi

I am planning on walking the camion of Assis Starting May 27 2012. I have walked the Camino to Santiago but I feel this one is way too crowded. However the idea to walk 300 km (to Rome from Davadola) all alone with no other pilgrims on my way doesn't make me feel good. Is the Camino of Assisi really this quiet. What time of the year can I expect more fellow peregrino's?

Assisi, Italy
3. Re: Camino Asissi

Believe this is not well-known so have no idea but high season for tourism in Assisi is May, June and Sept/oct

London, United...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Camino Asissi

It's probably because the weather is too hot in July and August. I live on the pilgrimage route and there are more pilgrims in Spring and Autumn

Mooloolaba Australia
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
reviews: 62
5. Re: Camino Asissi

i think it is a warning to be extra careful with sleeping arrangements as some variations of Limes Disease are not curable.

Perhaps use the better Pensiones/B and Bs instead of the refugios.....or carry repellant with a concentration of Deet

Upstate New York
6. Re: Camino Asissi

I would like to hear from some pilgrims who have walked the Cammino di Assisi's 200 miles.

We are planning to do so in September 2013.

Upstate New York
7. Re: Camino Asissi

hi miss Ellie from Amsterdam.

Did you have problems with cleanliness in the refugio's?

Is there always a possibility to stay somewhere else each night?

Is it easy to obtain lunches and snacks en route or from the refugio's?

If you have a blog on your pilgrimage, I'd love to read it, even if it is in Dutch, since I'm from Leeuwarden originally.

Thanks so much.

Helena

Trinita, Italy
reviews: 17
8. Re: Camino Asissi

More info

http://www.camminodiassisi.it/EN/index.html

translate.google.com/translate…

You can google "cammino di assisi" to find more info, be sure to use the right words as I wrote.

Assisi, Italy
9. Re: Camino Asissi

Pope here Oct 4th..will be a BIG day in Assisi!

Atlanta, Georgia
10. Re: Camino Asissi

My husband and I are planning to hike this path in Oct. 2013. We walked the entire Camino de Santiago last year but this is a completely new experience and it appears much less documented. Please share any resources such as maps or itineraries that you have found helpful.

Reply to: Camino Asissi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted