We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could you get a feel for assisi in 3 hrs?

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland, Canada
reviews: 78
Could you get a feel for assisi in 3 hrs?

Travelling from Rome to Venice by train and wondering if it is worth breaking journey and having a look at Assisi. Would only have about 3 hours. If possible, which places should we go? Also interested about luggage storage at station

Ken

New York City, New...
reviews: 21
11. Re: Could you get a feel for assisi in 3 hrs?

There is ample parking just outside the City walls for a small fee. If you are staying overnight be careful because there may not be an attendant when you are ready to leave.

You can drive somewhat into the central area to laeve off your luggage. Be careful! We found it all a bit confusing even though we had a map.

It is not a very large place so you can walk to most places within the walls. Some streets are steep.

Enjoy it!

NZ
reviews: 5
12. Re: Could you get a feel for assisi in 3 hrs?

Ronnie and 7373

We are a nice Jewish middle aged girl and boy. I was very interested to read of your feelings about Assisi, especially the comments on the Church, Ronnie.

About the lake 7373 - we thought that it looked like a pleasant drive with attractive scenery, and a contrast to the hill towns. We hope to do several day trips from Sinelunga, going off in a different direction each time to experience as much as we can of this part of Italy. We thought we might be able to include Cortona on that day trip - do you think that is doable or will that make it too long a journey if we do the the lake and Assisi as well.

Thanks for the parking information travelluvr and Forhill. We will only be there for a few hours, just to get a bit of a feel for the town.

Anyone else, please chime in with your ideas and suggestions

Walnut Creek, Ca
13. Re: Could you get a feel for assisi in 3 hrs?

Hi, I am going to Tuscany in March, joining a tour, but will have couple of free days. I would definitely want to visit Assissi, being a Catholic. Can anyone tell me how to get there from Montecatini? And how long is the trip? I read some postings as to what to see when I get there, how about where is the best place to have lunch? Thanks.

Walnut Creek, Ca
14. Re: Could you get a feel for assisi in 3 hrs?

Hi, I just found out that it takes 2 1/2 hours from Montecatini, where we are staying, to Assissi. That means 5 hours for a round trip. Is there any bus or train from Montecatini to Assissi? Looks like if we use a private driver, we will be paying 40 euros per hour for 5 hours, not counting the time from the driver's home to the hotel. Any other transportation alternative? Thanks in advance.

15. Re: Could you get a feel for assisi in 3 hrs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 21, 2009