We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assissi

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Assissi

To Assissi from Rome or Venice

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Assissi

If you mean for a day trip, neither are really suited. From Venice to Assisi by train takes 4 to 5 hours each way; Rome to Assisi is 2 to 2.5 hours each way.

Waldshut-Tiengen...
2. Re: Assissi

I'd love to help, as I lived in Umbria for 20 years, but what is the question?

Plover, Wisconsin
reviews: 8
3. Re: Assissi

Help!

Trying to travel from Siena to Assissi.

Bus website is terrible, trains take forever...

Is car rental the best, Are roads navigable.

We want to take the train to Rome later the same day.

Waldshut-Tiengen...
4. Re: Assissi

Hi. Yes, trains from Siena to Assisi are not a fast solution. You have to change train at least once in Florence Santa Maria Novella, and any solution requires from 4h40' to over 5 hours. I would not use the train for this solution.

By car it takes about 2 hours. Siena is located in a beautiful hilly area, but there aren't any highways you can take to reach Assisi. You need to go to the Trasimeno Lake using streets that pass through villages and from there you find a faster road to Perugia and then Assisi.

From Assisi (the station is located in the fraction called SantaMaria degli Angeli, so you need to get a bus from Assisi to reach the station, about 10') there are trains to Roma Termini (main station). There are a couple of direct ones but you need to check the date. Other connections require you change train at least once.

Otherwise there is a bus that connects Siena to Santa Maria degli Angeli via Perugia. It takes about 2 hours, you have to change bus in Perugia, but you get there easily without having to rent a car. Here you can check the timetable: http://www.sena.it/Home/78-1-en.html

Edited: 6:32 pm, September 01, 2012
Assisi, Italy
5. Re: Assissi

There is a direct bus without a change in Perugia....if you wish, can ask timetable. NO to trains!

You cannot do Siena to Assisi to Rome in the same day!

Too little time for Assisi!

Roads are very "driveable"

6. Re: Assissi

Hi, we are traveling from Rome to assissi via train, spending two nights in assissi and then want to go to Siena for one night before heading to Venice. I heard the bus is best but does it run on Sunday? Thanks for any help.

Assisi, Italy
7. Re: Assissi

Not sure...if timetable same..will check today...

Taking the train from Siena to Florence?

ALLOW minimum minimum 2 full days in Assisi!

Wish you had time for nearby Spello, Perugia, Spoleto!

8. Re: Assissi

Hi AssisiAnne,

This is our first time to Italy....We plan to take train from Rome to Assisi this Friday, spend Friday and Saturday night at Hotel Romantik in Assisi. Go to Siena via bus on Sunday for one night and take the train from there to Venice.

Please help! Do you offer guided tours of Assisi on Saturday? Do you know if transportation is available from Romantik to town? we don't have a car.

Thanks!

9. Re: Assissi

We weren't planning on stopping in Florence since we will have our luggage unless we can get guide from Siena to Florence.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 5
10. Re: Assissi

Hello AssisiAnne,

I wonder if you would recommend the month-long classes in Italian at the University for Foreigners in Perugia for people in their fifties or sixties, or if they would be such rarities as to make the experience uncomfortable?

If you would recommend the idea, do you think Assisi would be a convenient and perhaps better place to live for the month than Perugia itself?

Edited: 4:02 am, October 12, 2012