We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

florence to assisi

Which Assisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
reviews: 7
florence to assisi

hi i would like info please on getting to assisi from florence by train or bus. thanks! Michael

Italy
reviews: 3
1. Re: florence to assisi

I am not sure if there is direct train from Florence to Assisi but you can always check on www.trenitalia.com

I don't know by bus....I have been in Assisi by car so I could not imagine getting there by bus.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 24
2. Re: florence to assisi

Michael,

Yes, definitely check with Trenitalia. I just made the same train trip at the beginning of this month. Trains leave from both Santa Maria Novella station & Campo Di Marte station in Florence. Once you arrive in Assisi, you'll need to purchase shuttle bus tickets from the Tabachi/ left luggage counter in the station in order to get into Assisi proper (buy your return ticket at the same time to save time!) Check with wherever your staying 1st and ask which stop will be best for you.

And have a wonderful time!

Kent, England
reviews: 22
3. Re: florence to assisi

Yes, its a 2 and a half hour train journey , from Florence S Maria Novella station to Assisi. Trains are pretty regular, and about 18 euros return. Cheap by Uk standards. A bus service connects the station at Assisi to the town proper.

4. Re: florence to assisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 01, 2009