We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Siena to Montacino and Return

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 33
Florence to Siena to Montacino and Return

We are finalizing our Italy plans and want to include seeing Siena and then traveling to Montalcino. I have found a tour from Siena to Montalcino which includes wine tastings etc. It looks really nice and begins at 2 and ends at 7PM. If we took our own transportation by bus from Florence to Siena, would we be able to tour Siena on our own prior to the tour? What guidebook would we need to enhance our short time in Siena, and when is the last Sita Bus back to Florence? I have found the schedule from Florence to Siena. Still searching for the return.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
reviews: 25
1. Re: Florence to Siena to Montacino and Return

Rasta,

See www.trainspa.it/train04/extraurbano.pdf

route 131r/a

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 33
2. Re: Florence to Siena to Montacino and Return

Thank you for the schedule information. I assume this is for the buses. Which bus stop is the one I have read drops us in the middle of Siena? Also, we are planning a tour to Montalcino so we do not need transport there. I am concerned if we are dropped back in Siena there will be a bus to return to Florence.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
reviews: 25
3. Re: Florence to Siena to Montacino and Return

rasta,

Via Tozzi is the same as Piazza Gramsci which is where the bus station is, actually under it. This is an easy walk to the campo. You should have no trouble getting a bus back to Florence.

4. Re: Florence to Siena to Montacino and Return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, September 03, 2014