We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Sunday in Siena

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Easter Sunday in Siena

My family will be staying in a villa right outside of Siena. We plan to attend Mass at the Duomo on Sunday. What is attire for Mass and can we expect restaurants, etc to be open? Thanks.

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 2
1. Re: Easter Sunday in Siena

Dress as you would to go to Mass anywhere else in the world. You'll find all sorts of people in the congregation from fellow tourists to the local ladies / families of the parish, some of whom are always dressed quite smartly even mid-week in mid-winter simply because that's the way they are. Re lunch, I would pre-book, if I were you. There are obviously dozens of places but Sunday lunchtime is always a popular occasion and Easter Sunday will see a lot of visitors in the city.

Redmond...
2. Re: Easter Sunday in Siena

Jane M, hope you don't mind that I'm hijacking your thread! I will be in Siena with my family on Easter Sunday also. I'm having a hard time finding information on Mass times at the Duomo. Can anyone help with this? Also we're looking for a suggestion for a great, traditional lunch place to go after Mass, maybe a little special since it is Easter after all!

Thanks so much!

Kathleen

3. Re: Easter Sunday in Siena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 02, 2014