We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siena in a wheelchair, a few questions

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boca raton, Florida
reviews: 1
Siena in a wheelchair, a few questions

We will be in Sienna just for an afternoon. We will be driving to the city. As i understand, if you park in the regular car parks, it is uphill to the Campo, and old section. So since my daughter is in a wheelchair, that is pretty much out. If we park at the train section, and are there buses that get you pretty close to the Campo? I understand the city is VERY hilly, so even if we just stay around the area of the Campo, I really would like to see a little bit of Siena if possible. Any suggestion?

Los Angeles, CA
reviews: 3
1. Re: Siena in a wheelchair, a few questions

Here is the link to the route map for bus service in Siena:

www.trainspa.it/mappe/mappaservizi.html

If you can get to Via Tozzi, then you can go downhill to Il Campo, but you're still about 800 meters away. I'm not sure about your particular situation, but in theory it shouldn't be too hard to get down to Il Campo -- the pedestrian streets leading to it have a lot of long, shallow steps that are more like ramps, not regular stairs (although the streets themselves can be very steep). The problem then is getting back up to Via Tozzi to take the bus back. If you can get back uphill to Piazza dell'Indipendenza, there is a taxi stand there. Also, there is a taxi stand at Piazza del Duomo, but I'm not sure if you will be able to get your daughter's wheelchair down there -- I remember a lot of stairs that would not be wheelchair-friendly. Have you thought about taking a cab? Maybe you could have the driver drop you at Il Campo and pick you up after you are done looking around. The way Il Campo is situated, it is basically sloping downhill from northwest to southeast, FYI. Hope this helps.