We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Tours

Which Siena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 14
Wine Tours

I am interested in doing a wine tour, either from Siena or Florence, still undecided, and have been doing research on this forum as to recommended tour guides.

I have seen many posts recommending names of a particular guide, instead of tour companies. I'm going with my fiance and was thinking that it would be too expensive to hire a guide just for us two.

How do these guides operate? Do they just assume that you will coordinate with more people in order to lower the costs or will they themselves tie up different groups for one day?

Any other advice on how best to get a tour guide would be appreciated. We were thinking about day tour of either chianti or brunello.

Thanks.

colorado
reviews: 6
1. Re: Wine Tours

check out www.tuscan-wine-tours.com. They do both group and private tours.

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 149
2. Re: Wine Tours

If you can find out something "good", please post again? Have been checking with many, many different sources, and most are over 80-100 Euros per person. (we just want a 1/2 day of Chianti area), and a web site advertises for much less, but they haven't replied to my multiple emails for nearly 2 weeks, now. I think they were in the area of 28-30 Euros, which seems more appealing to us being that we are not truly wine lovers. (have been to wine country many places throughout the world, too). Seems like most tours want you to pay for your own lunch, pay for your wine tasting....all extra, too. Hopefully I am wrong.

Siena
3. Re: Wine Tours

Hi! If you are interested in day trips from Siena and help in finding accomodation too, try to have a look at www.2beinsiena.com and send'em an email. They'll surely find the best deal for you!

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Wine Tours

The individual tour guides don't arbitrarily add people to your group. For that you need a bus tour and of course then you lose your flexibility. Since there are just the two of you, you need to find a guide who has a smaller vehicle and takes smaller groups. I have experience of these two:

Giovanni Sirabella for groups of up to about 8 (I think) in a minivan - see his web site www.sunflower-tours.com

Angie - she has an a/c car available and is happy to take just two people http://www.greve-in-chianti.com/angela.htm

Those two are licensed guides who know about wine and will work out your itinerary for you. If you come up with your own itinerary, all you need is a driver and there are special taxis that are licensed to offer a fixed rate for half or a whole day - Pasquale is an example: http://www.greve-in-chianti.com/taxi.htm In a full day you could do both Chianti and Brunello if you have a driver. You could also rent your own car but after "tasting" enough wine, this becomes problematic, especially after lunch.

5. Re: Wine Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 pm, April 26, 2007
6. Re: Wine Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 18, 2009