We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siena to Pisa

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 21
Siena to Pisa

We are in Siena for 5 days. My wife, myself and 2 daughters. Kids want to see the leaning tower. We will have a car.

One option is to drive up, and park in a pay and park just outside the restricted zone in Pisa and walk to the sights

Second is to drive to train station in Empoli and train it to and from Pisa. Drive to or back from Empoli can be via the Via Chiantigiana Road. Perhaps lunch or Dinner in Greve in Chianti

Third is to do train only....may be the least hassle, but seems a shame not to drive through he Tuscan countryside

Any suggestions

Forestville, CA
reviews: 25
1. Re: Siena to Pisa

hi: we took a day trip via train from the CT to Pisa during a Tuscany vacation. The main train station in Pisa is a good 15 minute (or more) walk up to the Field of Miracles. With children, add another 5-10 for ice cream and bathroom breaks. Since we didn't drive, I can't advise but here were our modes of transport: Florence then bus to Lucca, then train to Cinque Terre with a train day-trip to Pisa and back again, then train to Siena, then bus to Florence. We stayed many days in each location with 17 days total on the ground.

2. Re: Siena to Pisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 23, 2014