We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa ZTL zones and paying after using

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Pisa ZTL zones and paying after using

So I was following the TomTom and it took me through the ZTL zones.. I saw the cameras but didn't click till afterwards..

Is there a way of paying it a day later or am I stuck to receiving the fine in the mail?

Mestre, Italy
reviews: 41
1. Re: Pisa ZTL zones and paying after using

I suppose you had a rented car. The rentler will charge your credid card. Anyway you have to wait to get notified for the fine.

Mayby you were lucky and the camera did not get you.

San Diego...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Pisa ZTL zones and paying after using

The rental company will "only" charge you something like 40E to notify the local government authorities of you offical address shortly, usually 45 days after the offense. You will get you official fine request somethime in the next year. If you have more than one violation within a certain time period, you might be able to consolidate them into one ticket.

Edited: 12:15 pm, July 05, 2013
Mestre, Italy
3. Re: Pisa ZTL zones and paying after using

In Europe the carrental company will charge you the entire fine. You sign for it. You will get a copy if you request it.

San Diego...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Pisa ZTL zones and paying after using

Florian. In my case and many others. we were billed separately. I received a registered letter in the mail almost a year after the infraction with a bill. Has it recently changed?

Mestre, Italy
5. Re: Pisa ZTL zones and paying after using

At least in Italy you have to be notified within 90days, if more you don't pay. So the authorities have to notify you within 90days after the carrental tells them your address. How did you pay after 1 year?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
6. Re: Pisa ZTL zones and paying after using

You will first receive the charge for passing your information to the authorities from the car supplier, and then Italy has up to one year to issue the traffic ticket to those from other countries.

bella-toscana.com/….Udma123t7kY

Vagabonda

7. Re: Pisa ZTL zones and paying after using

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 09, 2014