We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Santa Croce in Fossabanda

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough
reviews: 3
Hotel Santa Croce in Fossabanda

Hi

Does anyone know if this hotel is still open and taking bookings. I have tried to book on various websites with no luck.

Thanks

Surrey, United...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Hotel Santa Croce in Fossabanda

http://www.fossabanda.it/

On the link it says "Siamo spiacenti, l’Hotel Santacroce in Fossabanda è chiuso, per prenotazioni potete rivolgervi qui: www.casalelasterpaia.it", translated means "Sorry, the Hotel Santacroce in Fossabanda is closed, for reservations you can contact us here:www.casalelasterpaia.it" which appears to be for a completely different hotel, Casale la Sterpaia.

mesh

Edited: 8:48 am, April 14, 2013
Middlesbrough
2. Re: Hotel Santa Croce in Fossabanda

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I did see that post on their website but was a bit confused as it does appear to be a different hotel. I stayed at the Santa Croce last year and was keen to go back. I am so disappointed as I loved it there.

If anyone else knows anything I would love to know what has happened to the hotel.

Middlesbrough
3. Re: Hotel Santa Croce in Fossabanda

Just bumping this back up to the top.

Does anyone living in Pisa know if this hotel is now closed for business permanently.

Thanks

Torino
4. Re: Hotel Santa Croce in Fossabanda

According to some news releases, the hotel is permanently closed as the managers could not bear the cost of the rent that the city of Pisa (owner of the building) was asking. There are ongoing talks about transforming it into a student house for the "Normale" University of Pisa, but no news about a possible reopening. Also, the building has been illegally occupied for a while, so there is a serious risk of further damage.

Edited: 6:14 am, May 17, 2013
Middlesbrough
5. Re: Hotel Santa Croce in Fossabanda

Thank you for your reply. i am so disappointed would have loved to stay in this hotel again. it is such a shame. i will just have to look for somewhere else in Pisa. Do you have any suggestions. i would like somewhere typically Italian and not touristy.

Thanks

6. Re: Hotel Santa Croce in Fossabanda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 19, 2014