We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go from Florence to Cinque Terre ?

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kota Kinabalu...
How to go from Florence to Cinque Terre ?

I plan to go from Florence to Cinque Terre and spend another one day in one of the 5 villages. Is there any direct train from Florence to CT? Which village I shld visit first so that I can go from CT back to Rome?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: How to go from Florence to Cinque Terre ?

There is a direct train on summer Sunday mornings only. Otherwise change at Pisa and la Spezia, or less often only at Pisa (for Monterosso only) or only at la Spezia.

For train connections from Florence to any village, see http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html entering the village of your choice. Use a date this week to see all fares as most connections are by Regional trains for which fares are NA online more than seven days in advance. Buy Regional tickets at the station in Florence - using ticket machines avoids lines. Validate (time/date-stamp) tickets before boarding.

Monterosso is the furthest village from Florence. To Rome, there are direct trains from la Spezia which has frequent trains from all villages.

Edited: 9:58 am, January 09, 2013
New York City, New...
reviews: 182
2. Re: How to go from Florence to Cinque Terre ?

We drove in. Scariest experience of my life on the 2 lane roads built wide enough for on, tires on the edge of the cliff..... But if you are ok with that, most gorgeous beautiful mountain and sea views.

Castellina in...
reviews: 8
3. Re: How to go from Florence to Cinque Terre ?

There's a Florence Cinque Terre one day excursion plan here that you can adapt: tuscanyitaly.info/cinqueterre/cinqueterre.htm Also a lot of useful info on the villages and walking tracks.

4. Re: How to go from Florence to Cinque Terre ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 14, 2014