We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much time will I need....

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MERSEYSIDE
reviews: 53
how much time will I need....

I arrive at 1110am in Pisa airport, my plan is to travel by train to Pisa, leave my luggage at the train station, go and see the tower and duomo, have some lunch and then go back to the train station to take the train to florence. if I have time I will go up the tower but if not, no big deal. I will be travelling on my own so lunch will just be something quick in a cafe bar rather than a leisurely meal.

Will I do this in 3 or 4 hours?

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: how much time will I need....

Check the current train journey times over the next seven days, Airport - Pisa - Florence www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

www.discovertuscany.com

MERSEYSIDE
2. Re: how much time will I need....

Thank you for that. I need to know how long it takes to walk etc from one place to the other. If there are queues to climb the tower I will give it a miss. How long will it take to walk from the station to the tower / duomo and back.

Thanks for your help

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
3. Re: how much time will I need....

It is about a mile from the station to Campo dei Miracoli. The time depends on how fast you walk.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
4. Re: how much time will I need....

It takes about 20-30 mins to walk across the city to the tower. There will almost certainly be a wait to climb the tower unless you pre-book your ticket online, but that is a bit risky as if your plane was delayed, you could miss your slot. It takes about 2 hours to see all the buildings at the Campo dei Miracoli, you could see how long the wait is to climb the tower on the day and if two hours or less, see the other buildings while you wait.

MERSEYSIDE
5. Re: how much time will I need....

Thanks, that's helpful. i won't be booking tickets beforehand, if I get there and I have time then I will go up but if not I will do something else.

I have read a fair bit about pick pockets. I am a solo female but am not soft and will be careful but is there anywhere I need to avoid?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
6. Re: how much time will I need....

Take the usual precautions and be extra vigilant at the train station, but I wouldn't worry unduly.

Edited: 9:43 am, December 23, 2012
MERSEYSIDE
7. Re: how much time will I need....

Thanks will do, I sometimes think that when people see a thread about pickpockets it often gets blown out of proportion. Have been to Barcelona a good few times and their forum is full of pickpocket threads but I have always felt OK there. Just a bit more wary now I will be on my own!