We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advance tickets to tower of pisa

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CranswickSc east...
Advance tickets to tower of pisa

We are visiting in late may2013 should we buy advance tickets or go early morning,we are staying nearby

Florence Italy
reviews: 2
1. Re: Advance tickets to tower of pisa

Hi Brian M -

Do please check out this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187899-i577-k5914…

Hope that answers your ?.

CranswickSc east...
2. Re: Advance tickets to tower of pisa

ok thankyou

Bristol, United...
reviews: 89
3. Re: Advance tickets to tower of pisa

I just came back and you don't need to buy tickets in advance, the cost is 15 euros

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 49
4. Re: Advance tickets to tower of pisa

Late November is very different to late May, you are unlikely to be able to go straight up at that time of year, but if you plan to see the other monuments too, then you can book your slot on arrival and then see the other buildings while you wait. Having said that, if you can get there early, you probably won't have to wait long.

Bristol, United...
reviews: 89
5. Re: Advance tickets to tower of pisa

This is very true but as may still isn't peak season i still don't see much of a problem

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
6. Re: Advance tickets to tower of pisa

If you have been there in late May and not had to wait then I would say you were pretty lucky. Reasonable waits by early April last year.

CranswickSc east...
7. Re: Advance tickets to tower of pisa

Thanks for all your help we are staying close to tower so will be able to get there early and should get in,its just my grandson is autistic but really wants to see it,thanks again.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
8. Re: Advance tickets to tower of pisa

If you get there early, there shouldn't be a problem. In my experience, kids love climbing the tower so I'm sure your grandson will have a day to remember there.

Hertford, United...
reviews: 92
9. Re: Advance tickets to tower of pisa

Brian, you don't mention your grandson's age, but you should be aware there is a minimum age of 8 for climbing the tower. In case you haven't found the website for info yet:

http://www.opapisa.it/en/

Do make sure you go into the baptistry too (around 2 euros) just before the half hour or hour to hear and see the echo demonstration if you know your grandson can cope with the audio effect. That's impressive, and there is a climb up to the higher balcony.

Unless you're all really 'into' museums, I wouldn't bother with the joint ticket which includes the camposanto (impressive for adults), two museums and the babtistry (but not the Tower). The cathedral entrance is free.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
10. Re: Advance tickets to tower of pisa

There is no reason not to book online in advance when the option is there. It guarantees availability at the exact time slot you want. By late morning, even if you manage to get a ticket, the timed entry might be 3 to 4 hours later on busy days. If your sole objective is the see The Tower, then that's an awfully long wait.

It's best to book early so you can plan your day. If you are coming from Florence or other areas, then you know what transport to take. Once you are done with the climb, you can then proceed to do something else. The attractive town of Lucca is not far away. You can easily combine the two and have a fulfilling experience.