We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Autostradale bus or Terravision to Florence?

Which Pisa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hertford, United...
reviews: 99
Autostradale bus or Terravision to Florence?

We've previously used the Terravision bus to Florence and intended to use it again next week. However, the timetable simply won't load properly to choose a reservation! Has anyone experience of the Autostradale transfer, please? I note it's 12 euros return, rather than 10, but if I can't actually book on Terravision, is it a risk to buy at the airport? I seem to remember that pre-booked tickets were boarded first.

I'm aware the train is pretty convenient too, but don't want hassle of watching big bags as people get off at stations en route.

Hertford, United...
1. Re: Autostradale bus or Terravision to Florence?

Update: on arrival in Pisa, the Autostradale office was nearest the exit and offering 3 tickets for 15 euros. As we were a group of 3, we bought those and did not need to specify a time or day for our return. The service operates as Terravision does and there was plenty of room (early Nov.). In both directions the drivers loaded our cases and we were happy that they were being watched until departure. Both companies leave Pisa airport from the same place and arrive in Florence at the same place. It's hard to see how/why the two companies are running, but just choose whichever one fits your schedule. There are plenty of sales points around the station, including at the bus, in Florence.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Autostradale bus or Terravision to Florence?

Hi I would be in Pisa and want to go to Florence on 21 or 22 dec, should i take this bus or there is some other better option?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
3. Re: Autostradale bus or Terravision to Florence?

You have a choice of bus or train from Pisa airport to Florence. I think that from Pisa city to Florence, the only public transport is train.

Edited: 10:03 pm, December 02, 2012
Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Autostradale bus or Terravision to Florence?

so you mean I must catch a train from pisa centrale to firenze sm novella??

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
5. Re: Autostradale bus or Terravision to Florence?

If you are going to be in the centre of Pisa, then yes the train to Florence is easiest. If you are going to be leaving from Pisa airport, then you have a choice of train or bus.

Hertford, United...
6. Re: Autostradale bus or Terravision to Florence?

Liz, unless you're planning to walk to the station in Pisa, it really doesn't make any difference whether you go by coach or train to Florence. Our hotel wasn't far from the station in Pisa, but it was the same town bus (LAM Rossa) whether we went to the station or to the airport, just a couple of stops further, to get the coach. Both the coach transfer and the train arrive at Santa Maria Novella in Florence. We chose the coach because it doesn't stop and once you're on it, you don't need to be keeping an eye on your luggage. If you're very budget-conscious, the coach is marginally cheaper.

7. Re: Autostradale bus or Terravision to Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 05, 2013